1 - 7 of 7 Posts

greek_ggirl

Hey everyone, I'm a huge cocktail drinker (as you can see in this pic lol). While everyone is gonna be drinking beers this Easter, I want to enjoy a refreshing cocktail. Can anyone recommend a good cocktail pairing for meat and lamb?

cocktail.jpg

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
I know you like cocktails, but I am very traditional for Easter and would go with the Greek white wine Retsina!

retsina-720x481.jpeg

Reactions: dubai_suzie
Ouzo lemonade is so good! Just squeeze fresh lemons, add a bit of simple syrup, and your favourite ouzo! We all know that ouzo goes super well with heavier meats :) cheers!

Ksperi75

Ouzo lemonade is so good! Just squeeze fresh lemons, add a bit of simple syrup, and your favourite ouzo! We all know that ouzo goes super well with heavier meats :) cheers!
I would add a splash of Sprite or some kind of lemon lime soda

Maro

Try OUZO SPECIAL created in Cyprus and adapted by myself:
Per glass - crushed or whole ice cubes/ 2-4 cl ouzo/ 1 cl Cassis (or Grenadine)/ fill up with preferably with bitter lemon (or sprite) / decorate with a cocktail cherry and mint or basil leaf (optional: also an apple slice).

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Try OUZO SPECIAL created in Cyprus and adapted by myself:
Per glass - crushed or whole ice cubes/ 2-4 cl ouzo/ 1 cl Cassis (or Grenadine)/ fill up with preferably with bitter lemon (or sprite) / decorate with a cocktail cherry and mint or basil leaf (optional: also an apple slice).
Sign me up! Anything with grenadine is so good, thanks for posting this recipe!

k_tsoukalas

I am all about Raki or Ouzo with lamb, but the cocktails mentioned above see delicious! I also like a refreshing ouzo spritzer: 1 shot of ouzo, juice of half a lemon, 5-6 fresh mint leaves, ice in the glass, top it off with soda water or lemon soda depending on the level of sweetness you want. The lemon and anise complement each other well, and the fizz and ice make it extra refreshing.

Simple and healthy Greek roasted veggies

I love drizzling some olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon, garlic and rosemary!! Best dish ever

roasted-vegetables-768x509.jpg

How to make kataifi

I just stumbled upon this great video on how to make kataifi! How do you like yours? With walnuts, almonds or pistachios?

Recipe for Greek lemonade

This is my favorite lemonade recipe:
-Fresh squeezed lemons
-Greek honey
-Crushed masticha
-Fresh sprigs of mint
-Ice cubes

Ekmek kataifi is the best refereshing dessert for the summer

I love ekmek katifi! Here are some of my favorite recipes

ek-mek-kataifi-720x431.jpeg

Non traditional gyro with olives and hot peppers

I know many of you may think this sounds gross because it's so non traditional....but hear me out!

• The best Greek pita you can find
  • Tzatziki
  • Diced onion
  • Diced tomatoes
  • Drained and sliced hot peppers
  • Kalamata olives
  • Feta cheese
  • Gyro meat
  • Oregano
gyroswitholivesandhotpeppers.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter