1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

Im so happy to hear this news! The island announced that it will be building a much needed new marina. The tourism minister said that "the number of arrivals to Corfu in July increased by 19.7 percent over the same month in 2019 despite the global challenges" which is great. The marina will help manage the increasing flow of tourism and any other imports. If you want to learn more, check out this article.

This is interesting - I find it fascinating that there are improvements and updates in Corfu. I am glad to see tourism doing well!

Favorite beach in Corfu?

I have heard that Corfu is lovely and worth visiting. I love the beach, and I heard there are some great beaches here.

Do you have a favorite beach in Corfu?

I have heard great things about Paleokastritsa, Sidari, and Kontokali.

Also, is the island big? If I stay on the Western side, is it logical to be able to travel around, or should I go somewhere more centrally located?

List of Great Beaches on Corfu?

I might visit Corfu this year and I love the beach. Are is a list of beaches:

- Sidari Beach
- Corfu Beach
- Agios Spiridon Beach
- Angelokastro Beach
- Paleokastritsa Beach

I know next to nothing about these beaches. Which are good? Did I miss any? If I only had time for a few of these, which would you choose?

Should I visit Corfu This Year?

I am planning to visit Greece this year and will go to Athens, maybe Hydra, Santorini, and Mykonos. I will have about a month in the country and I have never been to Corfu. I wonder if I should also visit Corfu this time around? Also, I am not sure Hydra is happening ... I will have time - Santorini/Mykonos will take up about a week of my time in Greece. What do you guys think?

Favorite things to do in Corfu?

Although I had been exploring the possibility of visiting the Cyclades this summer, it might not work out. I have some friends on Corfu, and there might be a wedding that I have to go to (but even that is up in the air).

So, I thought I would gather some information just in case I end up there. What are your favorite things to do in Corfu? I have been before, but I haven't spent much time consecutively there. If I end up having to go to a wedding, I will be there for at least a few weeks, so I will have plenty of time. Last time I went I felt like all I did was visit people, which is fine, but I want to get out more this time around.

Religious Sites to See on Corfu

There are a lot of churches and monasteries in Corfu and when I visit, I won't have a lot of time. What should be my priorities?

I am intrigued by the relics of Saint Spyridon but am having trouble finding where they are on the island. Is it simply called, the Shrine of Saint Spyridon?

I would love to visit some other churches and monasteries if possible. Any information you have will be good!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back