1 - 1 of 1 Posts

knicks_fan87

This is so beautiful to see! Everyone gathering around of all ages enjoying Greek culture all over the world! Bravo paidia mas! Cheers to everyone, I hope to see more and more of these cultural initiatives, especially now that so many Greek festivals are shutting down. Culture is everywhere and should be celebrated!

Why St. Nicholas (Agios Nikolaos) is very important in Crete

Agios Nikolaos is a very important Saint all over Greece, but he has a particular importance in Crete and his feast is highly celebrated. Agios Nikolaos is the protector of children, they need to come and fisherman. Fisherman or an extremely big part of Crete and he is said to protect Crete's fisherman, who are a big part of the islands economy and well-being. He is from a city by the sea in Asia Minor so he has another connection to the sea there. On December 6, port cities in Crete celebrate with festivities and celebrate the navy and the military. Agios Nikolaos is also the patron saint of the city Agios Nikolaos in Crete.

Greeces first omicron variant case was detected in Greece

I don't mean to alarm anyone, I am just updating and providing news… The first case of the omicron variant of Covid was found in Crete just the other day. Although I am assuming that there are many more people who have contracted the omicron variant, this is probably the first recorded case where someone has a positive test. I suggest that everyone be quite careful when travelling to Greece because it is such a populated tourist area, especially during holidays such as Christmas and the summer time.

Santa drops off gifts in Crete using a paraglider!!

This is such a wonderful story to brighten up our dreary covid Christmas! A few Santa's gathered in Crete to drop off Christmas gifts in Crete while flying in paragliders. I hope to see many more initiatives like this especially because its so nice for the locals and the tourists. Merry Christmas to everyone and have a Happy New Years!

Dont miss out on Hersonissos, Crete!

I feel like Hersonissos is the part of Crete that is often overlooked!! Look how beautiful it is 😍 I definitely recommend adding it to your list in Crete along with Iraklio and Chania.

hersonissos-720x480.jpg

Elafonisi beach is just unbeatable

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter