1 - 1 of 1 Posts

seleanor

So much of Cretan culture is based around food and agriculture that the food is just amazing! The produce is so fresh and the olive oil is one of the secrets of the rich and flavourful food. Much of the food is similar to the rest of the Greek cuisine but there are many staples such as Dakos, fried snails, and speciality Cretan cheese that are not found on other islands and in other regions of Greece. If you're a foodie, you need to visit Crete!

Elafonisi beach is just unbeatable

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg

Cretan dance flash mob in Sydney, Australia

This is so beautiful to see! Everyone gathering around of all ages enjoying Greek culture all over the world! Bravo paidia mas! Cheers to everyone, I hope to see more and more of these cultural initiatives, especially now that so many Greek festivals are shutting down. Culture is everywhere and should be celebrated!

Did you know that you can go spring skiing in Crete?

You'd be shocked to find out that you can go skiing in Greece, and not only skiing in Greece, but skiing in one of graces most beautiful islands, Crete! There is a beautiful snow range called Lefka Ori that is gaining a lot of tourists lately. One of the best things about travelling to Crete in the spring is that there are a lot less tourists and the prices will be great! I wish I could check it out but I am trapped because of the omicron variant, maybe next year!

Beautiful Toplou Monastery in Crete is totally worth visiting

I swear Greece is one of the only places where visiting monasteries is like a must do! Toplou monastery is so stunning and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see some less touristy sites in Greece!

Toplou-Monastery-Crete-768x512.jpg

Greeces first omicron variant case was detected in Greece

I don't mean to alarm anyone, I am just updating and providing news… The first case of the omicron variant of Covid was found in Crete just the other day. Although I am assuming that there are many more people who have contracted the omicron variant, this is probably the first recorded case where someone has a positive test. I suggest that everyone be quite careful when travelling to Greece because it is such a populated tourist area, especially during holidays such as Christmas and the summer time.
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter