1 - 2 of 2 Posts

efhernandez_

I know this meal isn't traditionally Cretan, but you can always tell the quality of an islands food through it's street style food. This was the best kalamaki I've ever had!!!! I also ate a dakos salad but I was so hungry that I didn't take pics. Yamas! What is your favorite Cretan food?

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 11.34.07 PM.png

k_tsoukalas

I have had so many amazing meals on Crete. This looks delicious!

These are the top places to visit in Crete, Greece

These are the places that you must see when you visit Crete!!

1. Elafonissi
2. Minoan Palaces
3. Samaria Gorge
4. Old Venetian Harbor
5. Heraklion Archaeological Museum

This is what Elafonisi beach looks like...just stunning 😍
elafonisi-beach-crete-720x540.jpg

Alica Ѕchmidt, the sexiest athlete in the world is in the Greek island of Crete

You should visit Spinalonga island in Crete!

During the Venetian occupation of Crete, the area was commonly used to harvest salt. It was also used as a leper colony. Now, the island is a top residence for tourists, who love exploring the pebbled beaches and old fortress that once housed Greece’s lepers. Now it is the most popular archaeological site in Crete after Knossos. Pretty eerie, but totally worth checking out.

Spinalonga-Elounda-Crete-720x448.jpg

Elafonisi beach is just unbeatable

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg

Beautiful Toplou Monastery in Crete is totally worth visiting

I swear Greece is one of the only places where visiting monasteries is like a must do! Toplou monastery is so stunning and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see some less touristy sites in Greece!

Toplou-Monastery-Crete-768x512.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter