1 - 1 of 1 Posts

dimi_pat

I have been browsing Airbnb's all over the island of Crete and the value is astounding! The prices are some of the best that I've seen all over Greece and they are all brand new, clean, and very modern which is not the case for other areas of Greece. It seems that many people on the island are investing in new developments which is great for tourism. I recommend you check out Airbnb's when you are visiting!

Where is the best place to have a secluded and romantic wedding in Crete?

My cousin is looking for some romantic and secluded wedding locations in Crete. I am wondering if any of you have been to weddings and cream, or gotten married there yourselves. The wedding won’t be religious, so it doesn’t need to be in any specific place like a church. I am open to any suggestions! Thanks everyone!

Did you know that most Cretan restaurants will serve you raki and watermelon after your meal?

Whether you ask for it or not, most restaurants in Crete will serve you raki and watermelon free of charge after your meal. This is part of the Cretan culture and is considered very hospitable and philotimo. I personally always looked forward to it and it was a great part of the dining experience.

Check out this amazing Cretan tune

Cretan music is truly one of the best! These songs are some of the most popular Cretan songs throughout time and are preformed here as covers by Konstantinos and Ilias Drougas. As you can see in the video, the group is dancing along using Cretan dances, which are pretty popular throughout Greece since the culture is so renowned. Let me know if you like it! I will be going to a wedding in Crete this summer and I am prepping :)

What is better: Chania or Iraklio?

What does everyone recommend for a vacation in Crete? Chania or Iraklio? I've never been to the island, but I would really like to travel there this year. I've heard so much about Crete and that is one of the most unique places in Greece. Has anyone been to either of the islands and has a preference for one of them? Why or why not? I'm really trying to narrow down my trip soon and make a decision about where to visit.

Visit Mirambello Bay on your next trip to Crete

Mirambello Bay is rarely talked about and I have no idea why! This spot is absolutely perfect for swimming and lounging. It is actually one of the the biggest bays in all of Europe, and has very calm and clear water. There is an excellent tourist town nearby that is called Agios Nikolaos with many restaurants and shops that have an excellent view of the bay. Check it out next time you visit Crete!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter