1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

In Crete you can ski in the morning and have lunch by the sea

Who knew Crete was so versatile! This article outlines all of the amazing things that you can do in Crete including skiing! Crete has many mountains that are over 2,000 meters that are covered in snow during the winter. Once you ski to the bottom, you can a little drive over to any neighbouring town and enjoy a lunch by the water.

Talented Greek singers and dancers in Crete!

These Cretan dancers are putting on a traditional show! As you will see in the video, these costumes, the music and dancing is all traditional and from the island of Crete. You will probably be able to find some restaurants that provide traditional cretin music and potentially some dancing. I highly recommend attending a live performance for anyone who is trying to learn more about Cretan culture.

How to spend 5 days in Crete

Crete is one of those places that requires at least 5 days, but in my opinion it's best to go for at least one week, especially if you want to travel to all of the different cities. As always with Crete, I recommend renting a car and traveling to the different parts. This video shows a good outline of what can be done in a few days, the only thing that would take away is visiting Spinalonga island, in my opinion its not worth it and there's not much to see, only if youre very interested in the history.

The most beautiful limani (port) is in Chania, Crete

One of the best things about visiting Chania, Crete is dining and walking around the beautiful port. The city is right exactly on the port, making the perfect place to do pretty much everything. If you're lucky enough to have the ability to get a boat chartered, I highly recommend sailing to different parts of the island. It's one of the best ways to visit the island and you can make stops along the way and swim. Have you ever been?

Rizinia is a lost ancient city in Crete

Over the years, there have been many texts that talk about ancient city in Crete called Rizinia. The existence of the city was unable to be confirmed from archeological artefacts until the 1900s when Italian archeologists found remnants of the city. Many of the artefacts from the sites are found in the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion where are you can go and visit them today. I definitely recommend checking them out.
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter