1 - 8 of 8 Posts

k_tsoukalas

I am thinking of taking a cruise in Greece. With all the pandemic restrictions, I am wondering if this is even possible for 2021? Besides that, I am also curious if you can recommend a good cruise line or itinerary. Even if we can't cruise this year, eventually I am sure cruises will be back up and running...

Reactions: redsoxdw_

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member

redsoxdw_

Have you considered taking a cruise from Greece to Italy? I went on a cruise from Athens to Zakynthos, Lefkada, and Sicily, and Rome. It was fantastic

Reactions: dpappas87

dpappas87

I've never taken a cruise in Europe, only in the Caribbean using Norwegian Cruises and I was really happy! I highly recommend them

Joni T.

Most of the cruises on this Celebrity link are for 2022. I hate to say this, but I think 2021 cruising in Greece may not be a realistic expectation. Lord willing, 2022. We canceled our 2021 Grecian cruise.
That's so sad to hear :( but it does make sense. Cruise ships sound like a hot bed for covid

k_tsoukalas

Thank you, all. Seems like it makes sense to hold out another year before thinking about this.

Reactions: voula_slat

Joni T.

That's so sad to hear :( but it does make sense. Cruise ships sound like a hot bed for covid
Have you considered taking a cruise from Greece to Italy? I went on a cruise from Athens to Zakynthos, Lefkada, and Sicily, and Rome. It was fantastic
What cruise line and when did you go?

Where is the safest place to travel in Greece?

I've been wanting to visit Greece for so long, but I'm a bit paranoid of traveling since I don't go very often. What's the safest place to visit in Greece? I'm scared of being robbed and stolen from in very touristy areas.

Travel to Crete

Does anyone know when American travelers will be permitted to enter Greece?

Should I get a Greek passport?

I'm Greek-Australian, and I've never considered getting a Greek passport until COVID made it easier to travel to Greece with proof of citizenship/passport. Do any other children of Greek immigrants have passports? Have you found it to be worth it?

Celestyal Cruises

Has anyone out there ever taken a Celestyal Cruise to the Greek Islands? I'm really intrigued by the concept of taking one when I feel safe to travel. They sound like they provide more of a "Greek" flare to onboard activities than the likes of Princess or Viking cruises. They are actually booking now for May, 2021, for anyone who is interested in traveling to Greece.

Is there gluten free food in Greece?

I've recently developed a gluten intolerance :( and it's so hard to travel because gluten free food is hard to find. Does anyone with a gluten allergy/intolerance have experience with this? Thanks :)

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter