1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

Getting a Good Overview of Greek History

I am trying to learn about the Greek culture because I married a Greek-American. I figure that history is part of that! So, can you guys share with me some great resources that will give me an overview of the history? I found this on Youtube, don't know if it is any good. I know, I am not a kid. But I figured this would be a nice overview. But, this only covers Ancient Greece. We are planning a trip to Greece and my husband loves history, so I want to at least have a foundation before we go to the country.

Why you wouldnt survive life in Ancient Greece

Is Ancient Greece actually as great as it seemed? We always talk about the great accomplishments of Ancient Greeks but fail to talk about the fact that there was so much slavery and war during the time. It was a dangerous place where many people were forced into violent wars between the Ancient Greek City States. This is the less talked about truth!

Fascinated by Minoan culture and I want to learn more...

I am festinated by the Minoan culture. I saw photos of the Knossos Palace, as well as some of the Frescos, and I realized that I want to learn more about them. I know, I can read history books or look it up online. But, I am talking about experiencing it first hand. Do you guys have any recommendations? I was thinking to visit Crete and seeing some of the ruins... are there any tours you can recommend?
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube