1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This traditions is so cool and out there! I read about it in this article and basically it's a festival where everyone comes together to roast a pig! How tasty and fun haha. If anyone has seen this in real life please divulge all of the details!!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
WOW, thanks so much for sharing this information! I have NEVER heard of this...happy to learn something new today LOL! :)

k_tsoukalas

This is so fascinating. I had never heard of it either. There are so many Greek traditions out there. My family never talked about a tradition like this.

Alica Ѕchmidt, the sexiest athlete in the world is in the Greek island of Crete

Pictures of Rethymno, Crete!

Rethymno is stunning 😍 post your pictures in this thread I would love to see them

rethymno-crete-720x480.jpg

German Travel Agents Tour Crete and Depart with the Best of Impressions

You should visit Spinalonga island in Crete!

During the Venetian occupation of Crete, the area was commonly used to harvest salt. It was also used as a leper colony. Now, the island is a top residence for tourists, who love exploring the pebbled beaches and old fortress that once housed Greece’s lepers. Now it is the most popular archaeological site in Crete after Knossos. Pretty eerie, but totally worth checking out.

Spinalonga-Elounda-Crete-720x448.jpg

Beautiful Toplou Monastery in Crete is totally worth visiting

I swear Greece is one of the only places where visiting monasteries is like a must do! Toplou monastery is so stunning and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to see some less touristy sites in Greece!

Toplou-Monastery-Crete-768x512.jpg
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter