1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dubai_suzie

Bees and beekeeping are a super important part of Greek culture, the environment and agriculture! They have an amazing bee museum in Rhodes where you can learn all about the history of beekeeping and even see transparent beehives so you can see the bees in action!! I found out about it through this link https://www.greekboston.com/travel/bee-museum-rhodes/

Tpebop

I have been there a few times & bought some of their products .For example bee propolis cream is a good healer.Propolis is what the bees use to line their hives . Bee hives are reputered to be more healthy than a hospital operating theatre .

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

I have been there a few times & bought some of their products .For example bee propolis cream is a good healer.Propolis is what the bees use to line their hives . Bee hives are reputered to be more healthy than a hospital operating theatre .
Propolis is amazing! I always buy it when i'm in Greece because it's so hard to find in the U.S.! Although I've seen it pop up in a few organic stores

Did you know that the Italian influence in Rhodes is HUGE!

Many people don't know that Rhodes' Italian influence is pretty recent and not from Roman times. The last time Italians set foot in Rhodes was in 1943 after World War 1. It was only until 1947 that Greek became a part of the modern Greek state. Italians really contributed to the development of the island and to the culture and architecture. This is one of the reasons why Rhodes is so unique and has a pretty different vibe than some of the other islands.

The city of Rhodes is about to have some major changes

I am very happy to see that Greece is investing in preserving its architecture and mediaeval cities. Rhodes has so much beauty, that I would hate to see it go away overtime because of environmental or other damages and erosion. Their plan is to create three main sectors of the city which will be the monumental, residential, and commercial areas. I'm very curious to see how this project will turn out and how the funds will be allocated. Have you heard anything about this?

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

Birds eye view of Monolithos Castle in Rhodes

Monolithos Castle is a stunning castle that was built in the 15th century and remains until this day. This is a birds eye view of the castle so you can get a good idea of what the ruins look like. The Castle is located in the the village of Monolithos which is about a couple of miles from the city. There is no fee to get into the area and walk around and its open pretty much all day!

Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter