1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dubai_suzie

Many different cultures have fountain of youths in their folklor. And the fountain appears many times in Greek mythology. One place where it appears is with Hebe. Hebe was the Greek mythological goddess who represented youth, and she was also the cupbearer of the gods on Mount Olympus. Since she is the goddess of youth, she is also associated with early tales concerning a water source that some believe is the fabled Fountain of Youth. However, any references to this water source concerning Hebe were not overtly referred to as this fabled fountain. The myth seemed to have grown much later.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the fountain of youth is a great part of Greek mythological story, here is more information about the fountain of youth:

k_tsoukalas

This is so cool. Looks like the fountain of youth theme has made its way into the mythology of cultures all over the world. I knew about it from South American stories, and it's cool that it is in Greek mythology, as well.

This is my new favorite online show about Greek mythology!

I love this show :) so informative and gives great insight on ancient Greek culture, with great visuals. To be honest I love anything that the History Channel does.

The Titan God Atlas is the one who held up the world

Atlas is one of my favorite characters in Greek mythology...he is literally the one who held up the world with his extreme strength. He was sent to hold up the earth as a punishment after the war between the Titans and the Olympians.

atlas-720x961.jpg

Spanish archeologists might have found the lost temple of Hercules

In December, at the Andalusian Institute of Historical Heritage’s Underwater Archaeology Center (CAS), Spanish archeologists found huge ruins that might be the lost temple of Hercules which archeologists all over the world have been hunting for. It was built by the Phoenicians before common era, and has been lost ever since. I'm so excited that this discovery has been made and I hope that it is recovered and shown in the museum soon!

The myth of medusa explained!

I found this cool video that explains a bit about the story of Medusa which is my favorite story in Greek mythology! I feel that she is so misunderstood and seen as an evil character when in reality she's one of the most powerful characters who is just cursed.

What are the most popular Greek mythology stories?

Im looking to get more into Greek mythology....what are the most popular stories and what do you recommend reading? I wanna start off with something that will suck me in! Ive heard so much about Greek Myths but I never actually read any of them properly.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter