1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

This is one of Greece's most beautiful traditions that is rooted in Ancient and modern traditions. The pomegranate is the symbol of good fortune, fertility and luck which is why it is associated with New Years. One of the Greek customs that people do on New Years is taking a pomegranate and breaking it open by throwing it outside of your house on New Years day. If you throw it hard enough and it opens on the fist try, it will bring the most luck to you and your family in the New Year!

Reactions: The Greek Vibe

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member

nm1999

Here is a video LOL

Great news! My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 is being filmed

This was first posted on Nia Vardalos' instagram! I'm so excited to see the third movie and what the writers and actors have come up with. Of course, nothing is going to beat the original, which I absolutely love. But, it is nice to see Greeks on the big screen. What do you think? Are you excited?

These are the most common words in Greek

This list is extremely helpful for anyone visiting Greece. Learning a bit of Greek can be a little intimidating, especially since some of the sounds don't exist in other languages. I suggest that you at least learn a few words to get by, since it is also a kind gesture when visiting a foreign country. Let me know if you like this video! And if you think these words are easy to learn!

Should I still get a gift if I cant make it to the wedding?

I was invited to a Greek wedding this summer, but unfortunately I am unable to go because my work schedule is just a bit too hectic. The couple has a registry, which makes me wonder if I should still get a gift even if I'm not able to go to the wedding. Does anyone know what the expectation or custom is for a Greek weddings? The couple is from the United States, but they are both Greek American and having their wedding in Greece. I am super bummed out that I am missed, and I would say that I'm relatively close to the groom, we worked together previously.

Do any of you have questions about Greek?

Do any of you have questions about Greek - speaking, reading, writing, listening, grammar, pronunciation, etc? I know some of you are learning online, and being able to ask specific questions isn't something you can always do. Greek can be confusing because words have multiple meaning - e.g. the word apo (από) has at least 5-10 different meanings - and the order of the words in a sentence can in any order you want. If you have any thing that might be confusing to you or you need some clarification on please ask away and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Buy an official IELTS|TOEFL certificate. ([email protected])

If you are planning to study, work or live abroad, IELTS can help you get there!

We provide requisite assistance to those who, for one reason or another cannot take the TOEFL, PTE, test or obtain the desired score demanded by institutions, employers, or embassies.👩‍🎓♻️

Contact via
Telegram: ............ Registraboard
0b.jpg
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter