1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

It’s completely true! The Fanta in Greece and in some places in Europe is much lighter in taste and color and is very different from anywhere else in the world. I highly recommend that you order a Fanta when you are here. You won’t regret it! It’s very popular with the locals and a great refreshing drink for the summertime.

k_tsoukalas

It’s completely true! The Fanta in Greece and in some places in Europe is much lighter in taste and color and is very different from anywhere else in the world. I highly recommend that you order a Fanta when you are here. You won’t regret it! It’s very popular with the locals and a great refreshing drink for the summertime.
I agree, it is much lighter and the orange flavor is a bit stronger. I don't seem to enjoy it as much in the United States!

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

What are your favorite Greek dishes?

Please drop some suggestions below! I’ve been wanting to try out some new dishes. I’m noticing that many taverns I’ve been visiting are serving the same things and I’d like to try something more unique. I love the classics (meze, souvlaki, moussaka etc.) but it’s time for some exploring!!

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter