1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

It’s completely true! The Fanta in Greece and in some places in Europe is much lighter in taste and color and is very different from anywhere else in the world. I highly recommend that you order a Fanta when you are here. You won’t regret it! It’s very popular with the locals and a great refreshing drink for the summertime.

k_tsoukalas

It’s completely true! The Fanta in Greece and in some places in Europe is much lighter in taste and color and is very different from anywhere else in the world. I highly recommend that you order a Fanta when you are here. You won’t regret it! It’s very popular with the locals and a great refreshing drink for the summertime.
I agree, it is much lighter and the orange flavor is a bit stronger. I don't seem to enjoy it as much in the United States!

Have you ever tried shrimp dolmadakia?

Shrimp dolmadakia are a lesser known dish that is made locally in the Ionian islands. The flavor is very similar to those made with beef since they both use tomato sauce and aromatic herbs. The only difference is that there is a strong seafood taste, as they are cooked in a seafood broth. These ones here are made in an abstract shape and topped with lemon sauce. It’s a super unique dish that I definitely recommend you try if you ever see these on the menu.

5FD88351-B1D5-4DE5-97E8-A4BBE3992EF0.jpeg

Strapatsada is Greeces tasty egg dish

This dish is fantastic! I saw it on the menu for the first time and had to try it. It’s super simple, just eggs and tomato scrambled with feta cheese on top. The name of the dish sounds italian but I’m not sure if it’s origins. I love it and will definitely be making it at home.
4FEDEE90-22E0-445B-A510-963C043E3C86.jpeg

What are your favorite Greek dishes?

Please drop some suggestions below! I’ve been wanting to try out some new dishes. I’m noticing that many taverns I’ve been visiting are serving the same things and I’d like to try something more unique. I love the classics (meze, souvlaki, moussaka etc.) but it’s time for some exploring!!

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg

Frappe by the beach 🤩

Greetings to all of my friends! I was just at the beach today enjoying a tasty frappe! Will continue to post about my trip! 😊

8D58A61B-BAD0-451D-9E55-1F86F6776AD0.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter