1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!
All the herbs in our kitchen have medicinal qualities! It's kind of fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

I completely agree, I love to get fresh mint and put it in the freezer for whenever I'm feeling sick!

k_tsoukalas

Mint is so good for so many things! I use it all the time, both for flavor and when I am not feeling well.

This is how to make a Greek omelette

This recipe is a classic all over Greek American diner's. It's also super healthy, and super easy to make! I have copy and pasted the ingredients from the video so it's easier for you to follow along.

2 t. olive oil
½ c. white mushrooms (sliced)
½ c. baby spinach
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
6 sun dried tomatoes (chopped
1 avocado (sliced)
Sprig fresh thyme
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 T. milk per egg
1 T. butter

Mushroom gyros are the best vegan option!

I just stumbled upon a great souvlaki restaurant that had mushrooms instead of meat! It's called Street Souvlaki (Κατάστημα Ακτή Μιαούλη) in Pireas, if you're passing by, definitely check it out. This is a great option for tourists that are vegan. You can also find recipes to make it at home, but it tasted so good that I imagine it might be hard to replicate. Here is a link to one that I think will taste the same.

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Greek snacks to bring on your road trip

There are so many Greek snacks that you could bring on your trips and road trips this summer! The first one that I recommend is spanakopita of course. This is a classic and will never disappoint. Other types of pitas are great as well such as tiropita and kreatopita. For sweet snacks I recommend pasteli, papadopoulos cookies and rice pudding. You can buy all of these on the go in Greece if you're on a road trip in Crete or on the mainland and you can also make them at home to bring along.

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter