1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!
All the herbs in our kitchen have medicinal qualities! It's kind of fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

I completely agree, I love to get fresh mint and put it in the freezer for whenever I'm feeling sick!

k_tsoukalas

Mint is so good for so many things! I use it all the time, both for flavor and when I am not feeling well.

How to make Greek frozen yogurt ice cream (without an ice cream maker)

Making frozen yogurt ice cream is such a good way to indulge in a healthy dessert. You can make this with an ice cream maker if you want, but you don't actually need one. I don't have one myself, so I love making this at home in the summertime. It's much lower in calories and compared to regular ice cream and it's much healthier for you. Depending on your needs, you can add less sugar. Whenever I make this for my brother I add honey because he has diabetes.

This is how to make a Greek omelette

This recipe is a classic all over Greek American diner's. It's also super healthy, and super easy to make! I have copy and pasted the ingredients from the video so it's easier for you to follow along.

2 t. olive oil
½ c. white mushrooms (sliced)
½ c. baby spinach
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese
6 sun dried tomatoes (chopped
1 avocado (sliced)
Sprig fresh thyme
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1 T. milk per egg
1 T. butter

Seasoned goat wrapped in parchment paper

This dish is phenomenal! The goat is seasoned with thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper and wrapped in parchment paper to keep all of the juices and seasoning inside the meat. I am not sure what the red berries are, but they didn’t have a very strong flavor. Of course, it is served with potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I finished the mail off with a great baklava. Cheers my friends!!

93E11D4A-A89C-425B-B7CD-47036AF5A91D.jpeg

Strapatsada is Greeces tasty egg dish

This dish is fantastic! I saw it on the menu for the first time and had to try it. It’s super simple, just eggs and tomato scrambled with feta cheese on top. The name of the dish sounds italian but I’m not sure if it’s origins. I love it and will definitely be making it at home.
4FEDEE90-22E0-445B-A510-963C043E3C86.jpeg

Have you ever tried shrimp dolmadakia?

Shrimp dolmadakia are a lesser known dish that is made locally in the Ionian islands. The flavor is very similar to those made with beef since they both use tomato sauce and aromatic herbs. The only difference is that there is a strong seafood taste, as they are cooked in a seafood broth. These ones here are made in an abstract shape and topped with lemon sauce. It’s a super unique dish that I definitely recommend you try if you ever see these on the menu.

5FD88351-B1D5-4DE5-97E8-A4BBE3992EF0.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter