1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!

Greeks have been using herbs for medicinal purposes for generations, and these recipes and tips have been passed down from generation to generation. Greek spearmint or mint is one of the best ways to cure nausea and an upset stomach. Of course, if you have a serious medical illness you should seek the help of a doctor because mint is not a replacement for medical treatment. Next time you feel ill and nauseous, try adding mint to your herbal tea and see what happens!
All the herbs in our kitchen have medicinal qualities! It's kind of fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

I completely agree, I love to get fresh mint and put it in the freezer for whenever I'm feeling sick!

k_tsoukalas

Mint is so good for so many things! I use it all the time, both for flavor and when I am not feeling well.

Seasoned goat wrapped in parchment paper

This dish is phenomenal! The goat is seasoned with thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper and wrapped in parchment paper to keep all of the juices and seasoning inside the meat. I am not sure what the red berries are, but they didn’t have a very strong flavor. Of course, it is served with potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I finished the mail off with a great baklava. Cheers my friends!!

93E11D4A-A89C-425B-B7CD-47036AF5A91D.jpeg

How to make simple Greek salad dressing

Greek salad dressing is so simple! That's why I don't recommend that people buy it at the store. Making it at home is much cheaper, and also much healthier. First, you need to start with one cup of olive oil, half a cup of lemon juice, half a cup of red wine vinegar, and mix it all together. Then, add half of a cooked and chopped garlic clove and salt and pepper to taste. The recipe is really that simple. It can last a very long time and doesn't need to be refrigerated.

Xoriatiki or village salad is the best!

This salad is a classic! It’s customary to order this at every single meal in Greece. It perfectly balanced the heavier meat and potato dishes. It’s always so good and I highly recommend that you order it. I just had this one, it’s a little more modern style but the flavors are the same. 😊
946D0E9B-7534-4C16-A034-22FE36ED191A.jpeg

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

How to make olive bread

Olive bread is absolutely fantastic, and it upgrades every bread recipe. If you already have a bread recipe that you like, all you need to do is add olives to the dough. Kalamata olives are the classic, but any olives will do. The olives don't change the consistency of the bread, or mess up any of the chemistry and existing recipes. Here is an olive bread recipe that I use and that I really like. :)

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter