1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

Rhodes has so much more history than we know! This video showcases how its truly a medieval island :)

Tpebop

That video is of a show from UK tv channel ITV. The Guide was Julia Bradbury.In September she announced she has breast cancer & will have a Mastectomy.

efhernandez_

That video is of a show from UK tv channel ITV. The Guide was Julia Bradbury.In September she announced she has breast cancer & will have a Mastectomy.
That's so sad to hear. I think she did a really good job in representing Rhodes in this video, I hope she is well soon

k_tsoukalas

Rhodes is such a fascinating place. This video does a great job of giving an overview! There is the Medieval side of things, but also the ancient side at Lindos. So much history here.

Tsambika beach is a beautiful sandy beach

I'm a big fan of peaches with fine sand, and clear water. If you are too then it's in Tsambika Beach is the place to go! There are many different options for organized beaches with chairs that you can pay for at Tsambika. Next to the beach is also a waterpark that you can visit and do many different activities and bring the kids. It's located on the eastern part of the island, near the Holy Monastery of the Virgin Mary. Enjoy!

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

Palace of Grand Masters being converted

work to start soon to convert it into cafe / restaurant .

Arhipoli kiosk & animal reserve

Just outside Arhipoli is a kiosk selling olive oil & other products. Nektaria the owner has a reserve next door. Here together are peacocks, donkeys, horses & adult red deer with their fawns. The deer are very friendly & like being fed fruit.

___

There will be parades & dancing. To celebrate independence day
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube