1 - 3 of 3 Posts

redsoxdw_

The collection is from George Manos, who was a Greek diplomat. The building was originally a Japanese museum but then it was converted to a museum of Asian art after George Manos donated his collection. I haven't been but it seems so cool that this exists in Corfu

Reactions: cf_fraiser

greek_ggirl

I had no idea!! Are there artifacts from all over Asia? Or is the collection just from East Asia or the near East?

cf_fraiser

I had no idea!! Are there artifacts from all over Asia? Or is the collection just from East Asia or the near East?
There's a bunch of stuff! Like Samurai armor and weapons, masks of the No theatre, Chinese porcelains and bronzes, pieces of sculpture and ceramics.

Canal dAmour beach is the best beach in Corfu!

Just look at how peaceful and secluded this beach is! I went a while back while visiting a friend in Corfu and it was one of the best places on the island. I really recommend it!

Canal-DAmour-Beach-Corfu-720x480.jpeg

Best things to do in Liston Square

Did you know that there is a museum of Asian art in Corfu?

The collection is from George Manos, who was a Greek diplomat. The building was originally a Japanese museum but then it was converted to a museum of Asian art after George Manos donated his collection. I haven't been but it seems so cool that this exists in Corfu

The best spot in Corfu is Strinilas village!

Strinilas village is at the top of the highest mountain on the island so there's a really cool breeze and an amazing view of the island. I'd really recommend visiting if you have some time in the afternoon to get a great look at the sunset. There's also a great winery in the village that you could visit and do a tasting! Check it out :)

Are there any Venetian landmarks in Corfu?

I've heard there's a lot of Venetian influence in Corfu, are there any specific landmarks I can visit?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter