1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

Many people think that wine is for those with expensive taste. The reality is that you can find amazing wines at extremely low prices if you search in the right places. You can get ones that cost as low as four euros at your local supermarket and convenient store in Greece. If you’re traveling on a budget to Greece this year, I highly recommend that you opt for store-bought wine instead of ordering a bottle or glass at restaurants for example. There’s nothing better than getting a few snacks and wine from the grocery store and setting up a picnic on the beach.

Reactions: Hash and Vangelis

Vangelis

It's also cheap at restaurants where you can order the house wine by the 1/2L or 1L.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

It's also cheap at restaurants where you can order the house wine by the 1/2L or 1L.
Pame ta pumey ligo mey Mezedes!?.... Kalley Mera from Thailand and Monsoons....vargemey vroigi.. kathe mera nightaah!!
😂😂

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

When I buy Greek wine in the United States, it's always pricey. I'd imagine because of the costs of transport, taxes, etc? It makes sense that quality wines in Greece are considerably less expensive, especially when they're local. I love shopping at the markets to have food to eat while out and about - like a picnic on the beach is perfect! It's a lot of pressure to feel like you have to keep eating out several times a day.

Reactions: Hash

Hash

When I buy Greek wine in the United States, it's always pricey. I'd imagine because of the costs of transport, taxes, etc? It makes sense that quality wines in Greece are considerably less expensive, especially when they're local. I love shopping at the markets to have food to eat while out and about - like a picnic on the beach is perfect! It's a lot of pressure to feel like you have to keep eating out several times a day.
The best time for us who used to work in blistering heat all summer day in day out without a day off nonstop 7 months was to make a picnic of fresh bread olives, different kinds of cheeses,cold Mezedes like fava, Taramasalata,Tzadsiki,Meliztzana,fasuolia and gallons of wine 😂😂🍷🍷......go somewhere peaceful in Mykonos....yes there are secluded beaches where no one goes!!!!....😂😂😂.....Ella Tora....it is not even 8am here in Thailand and I am hungry already.....The winters months were very special, hiking in the hills for hours with backpacks full of Food and wine 🍷...... Hmmmmm I miss Ellada very much sometimes.. but can't have everything..... our life is very beautiful here in Thailand too!.... Kalley Mera..
Ps:We used to buy wine from the wholesalers who supplied Tavernas and bars.....Cheap.... around €10 for 5ltr [email protected]% and €14 very good quality [email protected]%.....And rosé for €12 @11%..... drink forever!😂😂🍷🍷?😋

Last edited:

ForwardKeys: Summer 2022 Record Breaking for Flights to Greece!

Tremendous effort by all concerned,I sincerely hope that Greek Tourism Authorities and Greek Government as PM Mitsotakis has already stated to pay the workers in Tourism Industry fairly and treat them humanely!

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Mind-opening Wellness Tips Post Covid - The Greek Vibe!

Where to go - Santorini Vs. Mykonos?

I am trying to plan a trip to Greece. I do have some time because it won't be happening this year. I realized that I won't really have time to visit both Santorini and Mykonos, but I am also having a very difficult time trying to figure out which to visit. A big pro of Mykonos is that I love nightclubs. I think it would be fun to experience the nightlife there. However, I am completely captivated by Santorini and how charming it looks, and I am not sure if I even need nightlife on this trip... I don't know, I just want to hear your thoughts. It might help me make a decision!

Advice for Staying Fit While on Vacation in Greece?

I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.

I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?

I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter