1 - 3 of 3 Posts

greek_ggirl

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

Reactions: Laura48

Laura48

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

I love this, definitely looking into one of these.

k_tsoukalas

Seeing mythology come to life is one of the joys of going to Greece! Thank you for sharing this.

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?

These are the Argonauts ⚔️

The Argonauts are the lesser known heroes! They were a group of heroes who followed Jason to retrieve the golden fleece. According to the myth, there was about 90 of these warriors, who were pivotal in achieving the dangerous conquest of the fleas. The argonauts were named after Jasons ship, the Argos, which they used on their journey.

How accurate is the Thanos movie in comparison to Greek mythology?

Thanos is a popular Greek movie but also an important figure in Greek mythology. Im wondering if any Greek mythology geeks know anything about whether or not there is any historical accuracy in the movies. I'm not sure if these big blockbuster movie companies are actually doing their due diligence to research and do justice to the Ancient Greek Myths.

The classic myth of the golden fleece

This is a classic story from Greek mythology. As you will see in the video, this fleece was from a coveted golde ram whose hair was made out of gold. Anyone who was able to get their hands on this fleece would be considered a true king and would gain access to power over the land. This is where the story gets a little more complicated...

Visit the temple of Poseidon in Cape Sounion

The temple of Poseidon is one of the mainlands most beautiful ancient Greek structures. The temple was built by the ancient Greeks in honor of the god Poseidon, who is said to be the god of the sea. Near the Temple, there are freestanding statues of young men. The temple was built strategically by the ancient Greeks, at the very tip of the mainland and overlooking the sea. That's why this temple is so beautiful to visit, since you have a great view of the ocean and the horizon.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter