1 - 4 of 4 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

This is a super rare experience that only exists during a small period of the year in Zakynthos. I cannot seem to find the exact timing of the hatching season, so if anyone knows please let me know. One of the best places that you can find these young turtles is Kalamaki Beach, which also happens to be one of the most popular beaches for swimming in Zakynthos. The beach is a protected conservation area, which is why it is closed at night, so that the turtle eggs can hatch and the turtles can safely make their way into the water.

Jerry s

This is a super rare experience that only exists during a small period of the year in Zakynthos. I cannot seem to find the exact timing of the hatching season, so if anyone knows please let me know. One of the best places that you can find these young turtles is Kalamaki Beach, which also happens to be one of the most popular beaches for swimming in Zakynthos. The beach is a protected conservation area, which is why it is closed at night, so that the turtle eggs can hatch and the turtles can safely make their way into the water.

Should be summer around August. You can also see them in Kefalonia at Mounda beach near Skala . They usually lie their eggs at night and cover them with sand.

Reactions: xmelissaa

xmelissaa

Should be summer around August. You can also see them in Kefalonia at Mounda beach near Skala . They usually lie their eggs at night and cover them with sand.
Beautiful! I would love to be there during that time, thanks for letting us know :)

k_tsoukalas

I always thought this looked like a good thing to do - to visit Zakynthos during this time. So cool!

August 2022 Music and Cultural Festivals in Greece !

How was your trip to Greece this season?

I am trying to plan my trip to Greece, and I am curious if people can share their recent experiences. I am considering visiting these places when I do go:

1. Athens
2. Santorini
3. Milos (Saw some pics and the island seems enchanting!)
4. I am wondering if I should also include Mykonos or not?
5. Not sure if I should add another destination?

I should addd that I am planning on only spending about two weeks in Greece for this trip. My goal is to get a nice overview.

Who is eligible for a ferry discount

According to ferry hopper, the following groups are eligible for a discount with most ferry companies. I’m not sure what the documentation process is for verifying these statuses, so if anyone has experience please let us know! 😊
  • Toddlers (-100%)
  • Children (-50%)
  • Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
  • Students of Greek Public Universities (-50%)
  • People with disabilities (-50%)

Check out this stunning port near Piraeus

Right next to Piraeus is Port Alimos which houses smaller sailboats and yachts. The area has a beautiful cafe that overlooks the water called Día Noche where many sea goers stop and lunch before and after their trips. If you’re interested in taking a trip around the mainland or to neighboring islands I highly recommend you get in contact with someone from the port.

9C101161-3815-40F0-88B0-E2F8FA97F56B.jpeg

How to rent motorcycles and atvs in Greece

Of course, the process is going to be different depending on where you are in Greece, but for the most part the rules are the same. You will need an unexpired drivers license to rent an ATV. Some websites will say that you need an international drivers license, but I've never been asked for one. If you want to rent a motorcycle, you will need a motorcycle license. You might be able to get by if you let the people know that your experience, but I highly recommend that you bring yours. It's as simple as that!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter