1 - 4 of 4 Posts

seleanor

This is one of the most unique stays that I have seen in Mykonos! I wonder how many of these hotels there are and if they get booked up pretty quickly. Has anyone stayed in one of these before? I would love to here your experience and if you recommend it or not. Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing your comments in the thread below.

Reactions: d_kakavouli

d_kakavouli

This is one of the most unique stays that I have seen in Mykonos! I wonder how many of these hotels there are and if they get booked up pretty quickly. Has anyone stayed in one of these before? I would love to here your experience and if you recommend it or not. Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing your comments in the thread below.

This seems to fun to stay in!! Would love to book this next year

I had no idea this was a possibility on Mykonos. The windmills are iconic, and I love taking photos of them whenever I can. Staying in one looks like an amazing experience.

k_tsoukalas

This looks like something really cool to do!!

Massive "Odyssey of the Seas" Cruises in Mykonos!

Visit these churches in Mykonos!

One thing that many don't think about when going to Mykonos is visiting churches! In my opinion, visiting churches is one of the best ways to get to know the history and culture of Greece. Before Mykonos was a party island, it was a regular old Greek island with very religious inhabitants (Greece has a strong Greek Orthodox Christian culture). Here are some of the churches that I recommend visiting

1. Agia Eleni Church
2. Paleokastro Monastery
3. Panagia Tourliani
4. Panagia Paraportiani

Ftelia beach is the best secluded beaches in Mykonos

Ftelia beach almost has no organized beach clubs or restaurants, which makes it really great because there is a lot of privacy and little noise. It's also very cost effective as you don't need to pay for a beach chair and you don't need to order any food or drinks. I like to just set up a towel and enjoy the nature with my friends and family. The beach is located just by Ano Mera village so there's lots to do before or after your swim. The only thing you'll need to be aware of us at the beach gets pretty windy. Good luck!

Did you know that Mykonos has its own historical library?

Many people wouldn't think to visit a library on their vacation, but I do suggest stopping by just to check it out. Besides being a party town, Mykonos has so many beautiful aspects of Greek culture that shouldn't be missed out on. In the library, you'll be able to see many different books outlining the history and culture of Greece. The library is a historical municipal library, meaning that their books focus on preserving the history of Greece. The address to the library is Kampani 2, Mikonos (Kampani Mansion, Ag. Kyriaki Square, 846 00, Greece

Check it out!
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter