1 - 5 of 5 Posts

cubrinj

Salmon is one of my favorite fish. I am not sure I have ever seen it served in Greece! Is it because it might not be readily available?

That being said, it is available where I live and I am wondering which "Greek" ways of preparing fish are best for salmon, if any? I am okay if it is a bit outside the box, or "Greek inspired".

Reactions: Hash
Salmon is one of my favorite fish. I am not sure I have ever seen it served in Greece! Is it because it might not be readily available?

That being said, it is available where I live and I am wondering which "Greek" ways of preparing fish are best for salmon, if any? I am okay if it is a bit outside the box, or "Greek inspired".
My dear friend used to cook with Dill and chives.... lots of olive oil,lemon juice and garlic in the oven with potatoes!..... yummy!❤️

Reactions: cubrinj
My dear friend used to cook with Dill and chives.... lots of olive oil,lemon juice and garlic in the oven with potatoes!..... yummy!❤️
That sounds so good! Dill and salmon is a classic. Sounds so good!

I use ladolmeno for my "Greek-style" salmon! I tend to use a shallot instead of garlic or onion, and I dial back on the oregano or sub dill for the oregano.

I use ladolmeno for my "Greek-style" salmon! I tend to use a shallot instead of garlic or onion, and I dial back on the oregano or sub dill for the oregano.
Ok that's acceptable and sounds delicious!....I am coming!!😁....I will bring a large bottle of wine! 🍷 🍷 I don't drink Krassi now as it would interfere with my eye conditions..... but I will eat enough of your salmon to make up for the wine... Kalley Mera from Thailand!

Best Greek Olive Oil for Salads?

I’m looking to elevate my salad game and have heard that Greek olive oil is a fantastic choice for getting that rich, authentic flavor. With so many options out there, I’m a bit overwhelmed and could use some guidance from those who have experience in this area.

What are your top recommendations for the best Greek olive oil to use for salads? I'm specifically looking for:
  1. Quality: I want something that's high-quality with a robust flavor profile.
  2. Authenticity: Ideally, the olive oil should be authentic and imported from Greece.
  3. Versatility: While my main focus is on salads, it would be great if the olive oil can also be used for other dishes.
I’ve heard brands like Kalios, Iliada, and Gaea are pretty good, but I’d love to hear your personal favorites and why you recommend them.

greek-olive-oil.jpg

What is Greek Retsina Wine?

I'm intrigued by Greek wines and recently came across Retsina wine. Could anyone share insights into what Retsina wine is? I'm curious about its unique flavor profile, production methods, and any cultural significance it holds in Greece. How is it traditionally enjoyed, and are there specific dishes it pairs well with?

Moreover, I'd appreciate recommendations on notable brands or regions known for producing quality Retsina. If you have any personal experiences with Retsina or tips on where to purchase it outside of Greece, that would be fantastic too.

Good Greek Dips and Spreads for Entertaining

I like to entertain and I like to have some good recipes on hand to throw together at the last minute. Did I miss anything? Here's what I have:
  • Tzatziki
  • Hummus
  • Melitzanosalata
  • Taramosalata
  • Fava
I eat tapenade (olive spread) a lot in Greece, but I don't have a good recipe...

Tips on How to Make Greek Olive Bread

I'm a big fan of Mediterranean cuisine and lately, I've been craving some authentic Greek olive bread. I've tried a couple of recipes, but I still feel there's something missing to make it just right.

Does anyone have any tried-and-true tips or secret ingredients that can elevate my Greek olive bread? I'm especially interested in:
  • Types of olives that work best
  • Tips for getting the perfect crust
  • Any herbs or spices that add authentic flavor
  • Baking techniques that ensure a soft, flavorful inside
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions! Thanks in advance for your help.

List of traditional Greek dishes to try making at home?

I'm curious to hear your recommendations on the top traditional Greek dishes that one can try making at home. While traveling to Greece to experience the authentic flavors firsthand would be ideal, it's not always possible. So, what's the next best thing? Recreating those delicious dishes in our own kitchens!

I've always been fascinated by Greek cuisine, known for its rich flavors and healthy ingredients. But with so many iconic dishes out there, it's hard to decide where to start. I'd love to get some insights from those of you who have either visited Greece or have experience cooking Greek food at home.

Here are a few dishes I've heard are must-tries:
  1. Moussaka
  2. Souvlaki
  3. Spanakopita
  4. Dolmades
  5. Baklava
What would you add? Thanks so much!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back