1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dubai_suzie

If you notice, there are many signs on Santorini buildings saying "don't climb" or "private property." It might be tempting because there are many ledges and you want to get a good view of certain areas, but it is very dangerous and disrespectful to climb on top of the roofs and buildings. Please be careful, this has become a big problem for locals

Reactions: Lotjeurope
So true! Walking and seeing the amazing sites in Oia, Santorini is amazing but can always be very dangerous. The great thing is photos can be taken anyway in the area and do not require walking higher up and on top of buildings!

santorini-greece-720x480 (1).jpeg

If you notice, there are many signs on Santorini buildings saying "don't climb" or "private property." It might be tempting because there are many ledges and you want to get a good view of certain areas, but it is very dangerous and disrespectful to climb on top of the roofs and buildings. Please be careful, this has become a big problem for locals
I agree, there are plenty of opportunities to take great photos without entering private property!

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Best places for photographs in Santorini?

I am going to Santorini again this year and I am on the lookout breathtaking photo spots in Santorini, and we need your insights! Help us pinpoint the ultimate locations for capturing the island's charm.

What are your favorite places to take photos? I have a few photos snapped of the Oia sunset from other trips. For this trip, I want to capture some different things, and maybe even some slice of life moments.

Volcanic history on Santorini?

I've always been fascinated by the natural wonders of the world, and recently I have become particularly interested in the volcanic landscape of Santorini. I understand that the island's dramatic cliffs, unique beaches, and overall topography are heavily influenced by its explosive volcanic past.

However, I'm looking to go beyond just the surface and truly understand the evidence of Santorini's volcanic activity. Could any geology enthusiasts, historians, or locals provide more detailed insights into:

1. Specific Landforms: What are the most apparent geological features on the island that indicate its volcanic nature?
  2. Volcanic Materials: Are there any areas where you can see different layers of ash or pumice stone resulting from various eruptions over time
I'd appreciate pictures, personal stories, or academic resources that could help in understanding the evidence of Santorini's volcanic landscape.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back