1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dubai_suzie

If you notice, there are many signs on Santorini buildings saying "don't climb" or "private property." It might be tempting because there are many ledges and you want to get a good view of certain areas, but it is very dangerous and disrespectful to climb on top of the roofs and buildings. Please be careful, this has become a big problem for locals

Reactions: Lotjeurope

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
So true! Walking and seeing the amazing sites in Oia, Santorini is amazing but can always be very dangerous. The great thing is photos can be taken anyway in the area and do not require walking higher up and on top of buildings!

santorini-greece-720x480 (1).jpeg

k_tsoukalas

If you notice, there are many signs on Santorini buildings saying "don't climb" or "private property." It might be tempting because there are many ledges and you want to get a good view of certain areas, but it is very dangerous and disrespectful to climb on top of the roofs and buildings. Please be careful, this has become a big problem for locals
I agree, there are plenty of opportunities to take great photos without entering private property!

Have you ever heard of Santorini tomato fritters?

I had never heard of this until I stumbled upon this article. It sounds a bit strange but it's something that I'd love to try making, anything that from is from the island of Santorini sounds tasty to me. This is also a really good recipe for anyone who is fasting, or for anyone who is avoiding meat. I personally am a big fan of tomatoes and I will definitely be trying these out soon. What does everyone think?

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

Akrotiri Lighthouse in Santorini is stunning 😍

Who knew that Santorini had such a beautiful lighthouse! This lighthouse dates back to the late 1800's and was build by a French company. This video gives you a great idea of what the lighthouse looks like and what you can expect from visiting. You are unable to visit the inside of the lighthouse unless you are authorized (navy or official business) but it is beautiful to see from the outside or even from a view from some Santorini cliffs. Has anyone ever been?

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter