1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

A little known fact, is that the flavor of honey will depend on where the bees are getting their nectar. Meaning that if the bees are getting their nectar from sunflowers or evergreen trees, your honey will taste totally different and have a completely different color! I personally love evergreen honey! This video explains it much better than me...check it out

Reactions: Jawge

k_tsoukalas

The differences in honey are so amazing and flavorful. It's totally worth trying the different types! My favorites are orange blossom honey and dandelion.

Beautiful lamb shank and lavraki

This dinner was absolutely exquisite! It was a lovely roasted lamb shake, with small pieces of pasta. We also ordered a grilled lavraki which was one of the best I’ve ever had in my life. I just can’t get enough of Greek food, it’s always so fresh and cooked to perfection. Greetings from my holiday!

4E56A3F5-DF7F-4E6F-A638-4EF884F6BC87.jpeg

Frappe by the beach 🤩

Greetings to all of my friends! I was just at the beach today enjoying a tasty frappe! Will continue to post about my trip! 😊

8D58A61B-BAD0-451D-9E55-1F86F6776AD0.jpeg

My Favorite Greek Street Food for Summer

One of the things I love about Greece is all the street food. I have my favorites, what are yours? Here are mine:

1. Gyros
2. Loukoumades
3. Kouloura
4. Bougatsa
5. Chestnuts

I am not always in Greece for chestnut season, but when I am, it's a real treat! Which street foods do you love?

Famous Konstantinople yogurt kebab

This kebab is famous in Greece for its flavor and its roots in Konstantinople. It’s marinated in spices and tomatoes and then topped with a dollop of yogurt. It’s also usually served with pita bread and grilled veggies. It’s the best!

91467344-C233-4A2B-BA78-F90DF90268E1.jpeg

Have you ever tried shrimp dolmadakia?

Shrimp dolmadakia are a lesser known dish that is made locally in the Ionian islands. The flavor is very similar to those made with beef since they both use tomato sauce and aromatic herbs. The only difference is that there is a strong seafood taste, as they are cooked in a seafood broth. These ones here are made in an abstract shape and topped with lemon sauce. It’s a super unique dish that I definitely recommend you try if you ever see these on the menu.

5FD88351-B1D5-4DE5-97E8-A4BBE3992EF0.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter