1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

Tpebop

I live in Afandou where the 150 year old lyre was found.It is mentioned in the article.

k_tsoukalas

This is so fascinating! Thank you for sharing this. Greek music is so fun to listen to and dance to, I am glad that people enjoy it. That is so interesting about the lyre that was found!

Tsambika beach is a beautiful sandy beach

I'm a big fan of peaches with fine sand, and clear water. If you are too then it's in Tsambika Beach is the place to go! There are many different options for organized beaches with chairs that you can pay for at Tsambika. Next to the beach is also a waterpark that you can visit and do many different activities and bring the kids. It's located on the eastern part of the island, near the Holy Monastery of the Virgin Mary. Enjoy!

The best wineries to visit in Rhodes

I've done quite a bit of research about the different types of wines in Rhodes and what wineries produce the best wine. Of course, wine are always up to your personal taste and no one can truly tell you what is the best wine for you. The most popular and successful wineries in Rhodes are Alexandris Family Winery, Kounakis, Tatakis, Kounakis and Piperis. If you've been to any of these, please let me know how your experience was!

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years

These are my best Rhodes travel tips

These are my travel tips from having visited Rhodes a couple of times!

-Don't spend all your time at the beach! It's tempting, but there are some really great sites and an amazing village town that are totally worth visiting
-You shouldn't pay top dollar for a hotel just because it has a pool! Many of the beaches are much better than the pools and they also offer great services like food and drink service.
-Bring your own first aid kit. If you need medical attention, it might be difficult to find a pharmacy that's open. There's usually one or two pharmacies that remain open at night or during holidays. If you don't have a car, it will be more difficult to get to them.

Best of luck and enjoy your holidays!

Another earthquake hits waters near the island of Rhodes

Another earthquake hit the waters near island of Rhodes this week, it was pretty small and there aren't any damages or losses on the island itself. Many of the islands suffer pretty frequent earthquakes because of their proximity to volcanic and tectonic plates. The island is prepared for this and takes many precautionary measures. The earthquake was 4.5 magnitude which would usually cause slight damage to buildings but gladly it was in the water.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter