1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

Tpebop

I live in Afandou where the 150 year old lyre was found.It is mentioned in the article.

k_tsoukalas

This is so fascinating! Thank you for sharing this. Greek music is so fun to listen to and dance to, I am glad that people enjoy it. That is so interesting about the lyre that was found!

Palace of Grand Masters being converted

work to start soon to convert it into cafe / restaurant .

lot of flooding after 29 December storms

Lindos & Pefkos had a lot of damage .

If you love history, Rhodes should be your next destination!

When many people think of travelling to Greece for history, they may think of Athens or Crete… but I'm here to tell you that Rhodes is one of the best places to visit if you love history. The island is full of mediaeval history and has some of the most beautiful and old mediaeval architecture in all of Greece. Some of the best places to explore this history are Ancient Kamiros, Palace of the Grand Master, and the archeological museum of Rhodes.

___

There will be parades & dancing. To celebrate independence day

My favorite villages to visit in Rhodes

Rhodes has some of the most beautiful villages from any of the Dodecanese islands in my opinion. I love to roam around, take pictures and stumble upon quaint restaurants with amazing locals. This is just my personal list, and of course I'm sure there are many more villages that are equally, if not more beautiful.

1. Lindos
2. Faliraki
3. Theologos
4. Rhodes Town
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter