1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dimi_pat

Tpebop

I live in Afandou where the 150 year old lyre was found.It is mentioned in the article.

k_tsoukalas

This is so fascinating! Thank you for sharing this. Greek music is so fun to listen to and dance to, I am glad that people enjoy it. That is so interesting about the lyre that was found!

My favorite villages to visit in Rhodes

Rhodes has some of the most beautiful villages from any of the Dodecanese islands in my opinion. I love to roam around, take pictures and stumble upon quaint restaurants with amazing locals. This is just my personal list, and of course I'm sure there are many more villages that are equally, if not more beautiful.

1. Lindos
2. Faliraki
3. Theologos
4. Rhodes Town

The city of Rhodes is about to have some major changes

I am very happy to see that Greece is investing in preserving its architecture and mediaeval cities. Rhodes has so much beauty, that I would hate to see it go away overtime because of environmental or other damages and erosion. Their plan is to create three main sectors of the city which will be the monumental, residential, and commercial areas. I'm very curious to see how this project will turn out and how the funds will be allocated. Have you heard anything about this?

Birds eye view of Monolithos Castle in Rhodes

Monolithos Castle is a stunning castle that was built in the 15th century and remains until this day. This is a birds eye view of the castle so you can get a good idea of what the ruins look like. The Castle is located in the the village of Monolithos which is about a couple of miles from the city. There is no fee to get into the area and walk around and its open pretty much all day!

These are my best Rhodes travel tips

These are my travel tips from having visited Rhodes a couple of times!

-Don't spend all your time at the beach! It's tempting, but there are some really great sites and an amazing village town that are totally worth visiting
-You shouldn't pay top dollar for a hotel just because it has a pool! Many of the beaches are much better than the pools and they also offer great services like food and drink service.
-Bring your own first aid kit. If you need medical attention, it might be difficult to find a pharmacy that's open. There's usually one or two pharmacies that remain open at night or during holidays. If you don't have a car, it will be more difficult to get to them.

Best of luck and enjoy your holidays!

lot of flooding after 29 December storms

Lindos & Pefkos had a lot of damage .
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter