1 - 8 of 8 Posts

xmelissaa

Should I take a guided tour or do you recommend just going up on my own?

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

Go up on your own, and take a cold bottle of water if you'll be there in the summer. It gets hot as hell up there.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I agree! Going on your own to see the Acropolis, rather than a guided tour is so much better (going at your own pace) and water is needed too!

Hash

I used to promote Delos Excursions in Mykonos,and sometimes we had affluent, private clients who wanted exclusive use of the Delos island and private guided viewing, Acropolis is majestic,way too long and much more interesting and historical,if you can find a private guide this would be the best way, early morning say at 7am.... Just reminded me of Angkor Wat here next door in Siem Reap,Cambodia,we hired a private guide for 3 days because that's how long it really takes to enjoy this magnificent archeological site,[I could have spent 1 week].....we were so fortunate to see some monks from a temple I know very well on a pilgrimage chanting Buddhist prayers which I know......the acoustics were Unbelievable...... wouldn't you be lucky if there was
classical Greek music being played there..!?[In August there is a panigiri in Delos..complimentary transfer and wine and Mezedes....and classical music...heaven on earth in the summer ❤️❤️👌....Had I been there I would certainly put you in touch with the most professional tour guides.... Enjoy it either way, take lots of water and a picnic with you, just sit there and take it all in and imagine what Acropolis was really like all those years ago....if you have time go to Zunio....or spelt Sounion.....the second mini Acropolis......I just looked it up..
Just imagine a guided tour whole day.... time to relax and musical odyssey❤️❤️... Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons beginning..

Last edited:
Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
You are in Hellas now!!!
Stop planning!!!
Open your heart and explore on your own feel the land where your DNA is from.

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

You are in Hellas now!!!
Stop planning!!!
Open your heart and explore on your own feel the land where your DNA is from.
Hahaha good point. Maybe not everything should be planned. Go the Greek way and just wander around

k_tsoukalas

I have done it both ways, and I preferred the tour, at least for the first time. It is nice to get an overview of the history before venturing on my own.

if your intrest is to learn history myths trandition and not just to make photos, a lincened guide will answer in all your questions!

Posting pictures of Monastiraki square!

I can never get enough of how great Monastiraki looks!! Post your pics :)
athens-greece-720x480.jpg

Did you know about the Hellenic Childrens Museum in Athens?

The Hellenic Children's Museum is the only multi-thematic, interactive museum specially designed for children in Greece. The Children’s Museum is oriented to children up to 12 years of age, parents, educators and anyone else interested in learning. The Hellenic Children’s Museum “aims to encourage every child to discover, comprehend, learn, be happy and shape their self and the world which surrounds them with respect for individuality and emphasis on cooperation”. :) Its great for visiting with kids

Is there any update on the wildfires near Athens?

Have any of you spoken to any people near Athens? How is the situation now? What is the aftermath? I am keeping everyone in my thoughts
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter