1 - 8 of 8 Posts

xmelissaa

Should I take a guided tour or do you recommend just going up on my own?

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

Go up on your own, and take a cold bottle of water if you'll be there in the summer. It gets hot as hell up there.

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
I agree! Going on your own to see the Acropolis, rather than a guided tour is so much better (going at your own pace) and water is needed too!

Hash

I used to promote Delos Excursions in Mykonos,and sometimes we had affluent, private clients who wanted exclusive use of the Delos island and private guided viewing, Acropolis is majestic,way too long and much more interesting and historical,if you can find a private guide this would be the best way, early morning say at 7am.... Just reminded me of Angkor Wat here next door in Siem Reap,Cambodia,we hired a private guide for 3 days because that's how long it really takes to enjoy this magnificent archeological site,[I could have spent 1 week].....we were so fortunate to see some monks from a temple I know very well on a pilgrimage chanting Buddhist prayers which I know......the acoustics were Unbelievable...... wouldn't you be lucky if there was
classical Greek music being played there..!?[In August there is a panigiri in Delos..complimentary transfer and wine and Mezedes....and classical music...heaven on earth in the summer ❤️❤️👌....Had I been there I would certainly put you in touch with the most professional tour guides.... Enjoy it either way, take lots of water and a picnic with you, just sit there and take it all in and imagine what Acropolis was really like all those years ago....if you have time go to Zunio....or spelt Sounion.....the second mini Acropolis......I just looked it up..
Just imagine a guided tour whole day.... time to relax and musical odyssey❤️❤️... Kalley Mera from Thailand and monsoons beginning..

Last edited:
Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
You are in Hellas now!!!
Stop planning!!!
Open your heart and explore on your own feel the land where your DNA is from.

Reactions: toniiv

toniiv

You are in Hellas now!!!
Stop planning!!!
Open your heart and explore on your own feel the land where your DNA is from.
Hahaha good point. Maybe not everything should be planned. Go the Greek way and just wander around

k_tsoukalas

I have done it both ways, and I preferred the tour, at least for the first time. It is nice to get an overview of the history before venturing on my own.

if your intrest is to learn history myths trandition and not just to make photos, a lincened guide will answer in all your questions!

Attica Group Inaugurates its 3 New AERO Highspeed Vessels

A truly corporate group of team, should have joined them back in the 90s.... sailed several times Ancona -Patra..... very memorable moments and experience.... unbelievable food onboard and ambience!♥️♥️

LAST MINUTE OFFERSON GALILEO!

If any one is lucky or has an opportunity to be on Galileo they will never ever forget these experiences.Many years I formulated an itinerary for Aris Drivas Yatching and Galileo was in Mykonos for an initial practice and presentation sailing around the Cyclades!I didn't have time to go sailing with her, just being on board and seeing her again moored in Syros for many days was just magical..

Good Beaches to Visit Near Athens?

I am trying to plan a girl's trip to Greece and am fleeing out the details. We'd be flying in from the United States on the East Coast, as I am from Baltimore. So, it seems that we need to fly into Athens. Although Athens isn't planned to be our full vacation - we plan to head to one of the islands - I am thinking we should spend a few days in the city. That being said, we'd do all the usuals - see the historical sites like the Parthenon and all that. I was thinking we might want some beach time when we are in Athens to get us started. I heard there are some beaches nearby? Are any of them worth spending time at? We are looking for a beach with a bit of a scene - like an outdoor beach but maybe a nightclub nearby?

Researching the Temple of Poseidon

I am going to visit Greece soon to take some photos and enjoy the country in general (I am a photographer). One of the stops I plan to make is to the Temple of Poseidon and I was told to go at sunset. What do you guys think of that advice?

Anyway, ahead of the trip, I thought I would research the place a bit.... Does anyone have anything to add?

Have you ever tried pistachios from Aegina?

If you were looking to get away from the heat of the city, Aegina is the perfect island to go to. It is a pretty quick boat ride from Piraeus and you can explore both ancient ruins and remote villages. The island is pretty big so I recommend you get a car or ATV/motorcycle. The island has amazing pistachios with many different traditional desserts made from the nuts. You can find many pistachio stores lined up right outside of the port that sell pistachio butter, pistachio brittle and pistachio honey. I always get a few pistachio souvenirs for my family and they love them!
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter