1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dubai_suzie

I love anything almond flavored and would love to make these at home!! Please tell me if anyone has a great recipe, I would love to try it out

Jerry s

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Reactions: Jerry s

k_tsoukalas

This looks interesting - I have never made them, but they look delicious:

"Greek-Style" Chicken Wings Question...

It is football playoff season and I want to eat wings! I thought I would try to mix it up and create a Greek style wings situation ... so I decided to use ladolemono (oil and lemon with garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, some onion). I marinate the wings in a bag overnight, then actually fired up the grill and cooked them.

They were delicious, but weren't crispy. I actually don't usually make wings, I buy them, so I have no idea how to make wings crispy. Other than that, they tasted amazing and I would do this again.

How to make a simple Greek tomato sauce

My family used to make a simple Greek tomato sauce to put over spaghetti. I have no idea if this is "Greek" and something that people do in Greece, but it was simple and had Greek flavors. This is what my family did:

• Sauce together 1 chopped tomato and 2 garlic cloves in some olive oil
  • Add a large can of crushed tomatoes, some pepper, a cinnamon stick, and some dried Greek oregano
  • Bring to a boil, covered, then let it simmer for about 30 minutes
  • Serve over spaghetti with some grated Greek cheese or Romano or Parmesan.

Can someone help me make fasolakia?

I recently had a mishap while making fasolakia. The beans all fell apart. I am assuming I overcooked the beans but I am not sure because I have cooked the dish this long in the past without issues.

What was different about this time is I decided to put potatoes in it to make it a bit heartier for winter. Should I have not done this? Maybe I really cooked it longer than I thought because of the potatoes?

Greek Cheeses to Eat in Greece...

Growing up outside of Greece, I ate a lot of Feta Cheese ... I mean, it's delicious! Also, it's the easiest to find.

I know that there are a ton of different cheeses in Greece, though, and the cheeses that are available are somewhat regional.

Here is where I know I am definitely going:

Athens
Corinth
Kythira

And if I have time, I was hoping to head to Santorini. I will be in Greece for about a month and I am not sure how long I will stay in each place. There's a lot to see and do in Athens alone, plus I have people to visit.

Advice making a smaller pastitsio

I love pastitsio, but my recipe calls for making it in a huge pan (bigger than a 9 x 13 and I think even bigger than a lasagna pan). Sometimes, I don't want to make that much! I am trying to wrap my mind around how to reduce the portions. I know I could halve the recipe but some of the issue is that I make this dish by feel and don't always follow the recipe to a T.

I really want to make it in an 8 x 8 because this is the perfect amount for dinner with no leftover. Sometimes I don't even want leftovers and just would rather make the food from scratch.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube