1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dubai_suzie

I love anything almond flavored and would love to make these at home!! Please tell me if anyone has a great recipe, I would love to try it out

Jerry s

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Reactions: Jerry s

k_tsoukalas

This looks interesting - I have never made them, but they look delicious:

Thinking about street food in Athens ...

I am planning a girls trip to Athens and there is a woman we are traveling with who absolutely LOVES exploring street food. So, I told her I would ask you guys for recommendations. I know to watch out for gyros, souvlaki, pita, street corn, chestnuts (I know the corn and chestnuts are seasonal and I don't quite know when we are visiting yet. It's a big group and a lot of moving parts lol).

I am looking for not only what to look out for in terms of food, but also if you have recommendations as to a location where they have the best. Thank you in advance!

Cooking a Greek-Style Thanksgiving Turkey

I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here. Typically, when I bake a turkey, I tend to just use salt, pepper, and butter. I stuff the cavity with a quartered onion and some herbs.

This year, I think I want to step it up and make the Turkey a bit more "Greek".

Has anyone done this? I was hitting of brushing ladolemono on the skin and inside the cavity. I make my ladolemono with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and a pinch of thyme.

Tiropita Recipe from Cooking Greek Cookbook

Making tiropita at home is fun and a lot easier than it may seem - especially when doing it in a 9 x 13 pan. Although I have used different combinations of cheeses, the version I like the best includes imported feta and then a soft cheese like anthotyro if I can find it, cottage cheese if I can't. I live in the United States and there is a Greek store near me that has that cheese, but I find that cottage cheese is just as good. This recipe is light and flaky and makes a great appetizer, snack, light meal (when served with soup or salad) and I've even had it for breakfast!

Check out the Cooking Greek Cookbook by Worldwide Greeks out on Hardcover, Paperback and eBook here!

tiropita-recipe.jpg

Briam Greek Roasted Vegetables Recipe from Cooking Greek Cookbook

One of my favorites elements of Greek cooking is the wealth of hearty vegetable dishes, and this Briam recipe is an absolute classic. It is filled with flavor, and you can either serve this as a side dish or a meal when served with feta cheese and bread. The Cooking Greek cookbook has a great version of it and has a classic combination of ingredients, like eggplant, zucchini, and potatoes. It's an easy dish to put together and I like to make a big pan of it and eat it over the course of a few days.

Check out the Cooking Greek Cookbook by Worldwide Greeks out on Hardcover, Paperback and eBook here!

briam-recipe.jpg

Horiatiki Sałata Recipe from Cooking Greek Cookbook

Horiatiki Sałata, or Greek village salad, is one of my favorite Greek dishes to cook at home, especially when the tomatoes are vine ripened or even better, pick straight from my garden. This salad is a great side dish as part of a larger meal, or it can actually stand on its own. I love to eat this with a few pieces of bread. I like to make it about an hour before I want to eat it and I leave it (covered) on the countertop for about thirty minutes before I eat it so all the flavors can meld together. I make the classic recipe and use fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, oregano, my favorite imported feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and of course, only the best Greek olive oil.

horiatiki-salata-recipe.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube