1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I would love to pickup some souvenirs for family but Im strapped for time. Does the Athens airport have nice souvenirs? Or is it just luxury stores like some other international airports?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing shopping at the Athens airport is really good for is any last minute gifts and of course duty free items! :)

k_tsoukalas

I would love to pickup some souvenirs for family but Im strapped for time. Does the Athens airport have nice souvenirs? Or is it just luxury stores like some other international airports?
You can find souvenirs in the airport. You can also visit duty free and buy liquor as gifts! I've done that before, and people love it.

Spetses is amazing for shopping!

I haven't heard of many people talk about Spetses on this forum… Which is super strange because it's one of my favourite islands! It's very easy to get to from Athens, and the shopping is just amazing. There are very unique boutiques, with handmade items from Greece, Italy, and Turkey. They are a little bit pricey, which is why I recommend that you try and barter if you can. Here are some of my favorite stores...

- Sea+Sun Spetses
- The Yachting Club Boutique
- Pasiphaë

Paros is Santorinis cheaper cousin!

In my opinion, Paros offers everything that Santorini does but it's so much more affordable and not full of tourists. I highly recommend that you visit and enjoy the stunning blue and white architecture and relaxing beaches. Here are some of the sites that you should visit in Paros

- Naoussa
- Kolymbithres Beach
- Parikia
- Lageri Beach

Greece's Astypalea Hosts Parkour's Most Prestigious Competition .

Greece is the word for summer holidays.

Where to travel in Greece if you love wine!

If you love wine, Greece is some of the best places to go to! There are great wines all over Greece, but certain areas are revered for their high quality grapes and crisp wines. Some of my personal favorites are Santorini wines. For Santorini, I specifically recommend Assyrtiko which is the white wine that is produced most from Santorini. The second best place to go to Greece for wine is Thrace which is best if you like red wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon which is also popular in regions from across the world. I know Crete is also popular, but I have never been so I cannot comment on their wines!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter