1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I would love to pickup some souvenirs for family but Im strapped for time. Does the Athens airport have nice souvenirs? Or is it just luxury stores like some other international airports?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing shopping at the Athens airport is really good for is any last minute gifts and of course duty free items! :)

k_tsoukalas

I would love to pickup some souvenirs for family but Im strapped for time. Does the Athens airport have nice souvenirs? Or is it just luxury stores like some other international airports?
You can find souvenirs in the airport. You can also visit duty free and buy liquor as gifts! I've done that before, and people love it.

Trying to Figure Out Where to Retire in Greece...

I am not quite there yet, but I am looking to retire in Greece - I just am not sure where is the best place to go. My family is originally from various places all over Greece, and I do have family and friends all over the country. However, I am not really tied to a particular location. I was thinking that Athens might be the best location for practical purposes - there's a lot to do, plus here are a lot more "services" there (hospitals, shops, restaurants, etc). However, it might be a little more expensive than other places in Greece? I am also looking at other places, like Peloponnese, Crete, Kefalonia, Zakynthos... What do you guys think?

Share Your Greek Sunset Photos!

I have soft spot for sunset photos that involve Greek windmills. I would love to see all your favorite photos, as well!

greek-sunset-photo.jpg

ForwardKeys: Summer 2022 Record Breaking for Flights to Greece!

Tremendous effort by all concerned,I sincerely hope that Greek Tourism Authorities and Greek Government as PM Mitsotakis has already stated to pay the workers in Tourism Industry fairly and treat them humanely!

Where to go - Santorini Vs. Mykonos?

I am trying to plan a trip to Greece. I do have some time because it won't be happening this year. I realized that I won't really have time to visit both Santorini and Mykonos, but I am also having a very difficult time trying to figure out which to visit. A big pro of Mykonos is that I love nightclubs. I think it would be fun to experience the nightlife there. However, I am completely captivated by Santorini and how charming it looks, and I am not sure if I even need nightlife on this trip... I don't know, I just want to hear your thoughts. It might help me make a decision!

Best Photo Spots in Greece?

I am a photographer and I love to travel to Greece to take photos. I am scheduled to travel there again this fall, and I thought I would make a list of some places to visit. I am also wondering if you guys have any recommendations! Here is what I have come up with - chime in with some suggestions, too - I will be in Greece for at least a few weeks:

1. Temple of Poseidon - Cape Sounion (I hear there are great sunset shots here)
2. Oia, Santorini at sunset - I haven't sorted out quite where in the village yet butI figured I'd figure that out when I get there
3. Chania, Crete (I need some from here for my collection)
4. Slice of life types of photos in Athens and other cities
5. Plenty of food photos all over Greece

Let me know if you have some standout places/ types of photos I should take.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter