1 - 1 of 1 Posts

efhernandez_

They were a very successful community of entrepreneurs but I don't know too much about them. Does anyone have any insight or even any family stories?

What geographical areas did Ancient Greece rule?

I didn't always know this....but I decided to do some research. These are the main areas where Ancient Greece ruled although it spanned all over the world at one point

Where-Was-Ancient-Greece-Exactly.jpg

Oedipus Rex by Sophocles is my favorite Ancient Greek play

This classic tragedy is still read and performed today. In the play, a father leaves his own son, Oedipus, to die in a field. Rather than die, he is taken in by another family and raised. While with this family, Oedipus is told by an Oracle that he will murder his father and sleep with his mother. Despite his best efforts to prevent this from happening, he does both of these things.

The history of building with stone in Greece

As you may have noticed, many houses in Greece are built with stone (as you'll see in the picture below). Historically, houses in Greece were built with stone because it was readily available and very sturdy. Stone also keeps the houses cool, which is a big problem because it can get very hot and dry in Greece

stone-house-greece1-720x540.jpg

The Greek debt crisis explained

Im not sure if this is the best representation because im not an economist, but just something to help others get a better idea of what happened in 2008 and what Greece is recovering from. We've been through a lot as a culture and a country but we've remained so strong!

What are your favorite Greek inventions?

Mine is the water mill hands down! This revolutionized so many things and made a huge impact!! What is your favorite Greek invention?

water-mill-720x480.jpg
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter