1 - 4 of 4 Posts

greek_ggirl

I know that it was closed because of some fires but I'm not sure if its open again. Does anyone know?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
We have not heard from anyone in the community that it is closed and we did not see anything in the news, I would try reaching out to the local tourism bureau and ask before making your trip! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Jerry s

Regardless of active fires it has been closing at times during summer months for several years now. I would think it should be open from now on.
If you haven't been there before, you can drive all the way to the telecommunication tower and the view is amazing on a clear day.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

Be an eco tourist in Kefalonia!

Eco tourism is something that always intrigued me but I didn't know it was super possible in Greece, happy that this person shared some tips in this video

Visit the Nautical Museum in Kefalonia!

The Nautical Museum of Sami in Kefalonia was established by a resident of Sami named Sotiris Marketos who is a sailor’s son who developed a fascination for shipbuilding and the sea. He would go on the serve the Greek shipping industry for over three decades. He was concerned that his naval town didn’t have a nautical museum and decided to create one. You can learn about shipbuilding, the different types of vessels, the environment, and creatures of the area. View wooden models of vessels that span the course of 3,500 years. These vessels are made by Sortiris Marketos himself.

The Iakovatios library and museum in Kefalonia

This museum and library has so much history. I would love to hear personal reviews if anyone has been. It is housed in an old mansion that was owned by the Typaldi-Iakovatios family. It is one of those places that survived after the massive earthquake that hit the island. However, it did sustain some damage during it. The mansion was restored in 1984 and is now home to a vast collection of books (around 20,000) and other collectibles.

Are most of the tavernas open in Argostoli?

What is the state of things in Kefalonia? Are most of the restaurants and tavernas open? Thanks everyone!!
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter