1 - 5 of 5 Posts

greek_ggirl

I know that it was closed because of some fires but I'm not sure if its open again. Does anyone know?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
We have not heard from anyone in the community that it is closed and we did not see anything in the news, I would try reaching out to the local tourism bureau and ask before making your trip! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

Jerry s

Regardless of active fires it has been closing at times during summer months for several years now. I would think it should be open from now on.
If you haven't been there before, you can drive all the way to the telecommunication tower and the view is amazing on a clear day.

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

k_tsoukalas

I couldn't find anything either. I think by now all the fires are out.

A walking tour of Argostoli, Kefalonia 🏖️

Walking around (or even biking) is one of the best leisurely wats to get to a know an island in Greece. That's why I love to visit Greek islands, is because you usually won't miss anything because everything is so quant and small and walkable. If anyone has any advice about the island of Kefalonia, I would love to know. My best tips that I have to visit in Kefalonia are Katovrahes and Melissani cave.

Have you been to the Monastery of Themata in Kefalonia?

This monastery is one of the oldest landmarks on the island. I was so shocked to find out that it was originally built in 1096. It has been restored over time, of course, but much of the monastery remains in good condition. The name behind the monastery is debated, and its true origin is actually unknown. I've never been, but I have been doing a little bit of research about the monastery and I'm considering a visit when I go to Kefalonia this year. Has anyone on the forum been to the monastery or perhaps the nearby area of Agia Dinati Mountain?

kefalonia best area to stay

Does anyone recommend where the nicest part of Kefalonia is to stay with nice beaches not fishing villages or ports

Learn about Saint Gerasimus, the patron saint of Kefalonia

This video shows church services straight from Kefalonia on the saints day of Saint Gerasimus who is the patron saint of Kefalonia. Regions in Greece will have what is called a patron saint, who is said to protect and watch over the island. As you will see in the video, everyone from the surrounding area and villages will gather for this very important celebration and ceremony, it is truly a delight to see!

Have you ever been to the Castle of Assos in Kefalonia?

The Castle of Assos is an old Venetian fortress that has been left over from the Italian occupation of the island. Today, it is a beautiful pile of ruins that tourists can visit and learn about the history of Greece. You can hire a guy to take you around the different parts and explain the history, but I don't really recommend them as most of the information is available online if you're willing to do your own research. Please let me know if you've ever been! I would love to learn about what you thought of the castle.
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter