1 - 4 of 4 Posts

knicks_fan87

How long is the transit time? Especially during peak season?

Lotjeurope

I don't know which transit you mean.
Check-in is regular if you have filled in all the right documents and had your tests or vaccinations. When you haven't you will be requested to do so first and come back later.
Customs was also regular. No waiting time when we went ( in the evening)

cf_fraiser

Yes, make sure you have the right documents. Athens airport was pretty packed because few people didn't have documents and there was a hold up in checking to see if the everything was in order. I haven't been to Santorini this year though so I can't tell you for sure

k_tsoukalas

How long is the transit time? Especially during peak season?

I would think it depends on the time of day. I think that if you have all the right documents, it will speed things up a lot!

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.

The best zeibekiko danced on Santorini island

This Zeibekiko was danced with so much passion! Bravo! I miss wandering the streets of Greece and stumbling upon a group of talented musicians and dancers. This is what truly makes Greece so beautiful, and especially the fact that they are able to share it with the world. The song is called Zeibekiko tis Eudokias for those who are wondering, it is one of the most famous zeibekiko songs.

The best place to go scuba diving in Santorini

Santorini is one of the best places to go scuba diving because the island was created from a volcano many years ago which makes the sea life very different from other areas of Greece. There are very unique Coral reef Sandrock formations that have come from the volcano, and as always, the sea is teeming with wildlife. I highly recommend visiting Caldera Lagoon and arranging that you go scuba diving there. There are a few local schools that you should call ahead of time to schedule your slot. Best of luck!

Visit the Symposium Cultural Center in Santorini

The Symposium Cultural Center is a fantastic place to go to when youre visiting the island. You will have access to everything from Greek food, art, history and culture through exhibitions and workshops. If you like hands on activities, I highly recommend that you sign up for a workshops with your friends or family when you visit. It is a great bonding activity and a nice way to experience all that Santorini has to offer. Here is the website and some links

https://www.symposionsantorini.com
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter