1 - 3 of 3 Posts

auroracoor1

I’ve taken countless ferries across the Greek islands, and I always seem to be rushing to get on the boat in time. One thing that I love about Greek ferries, is that there’s always a café on board where you can buy snacks, pastries, and coffee. It’s a little bit pricey, so keep that in mind. You can also get coffee from the ferry port! Safe travels 😊

I’ve taken countless ferries across the Greek islands, and I always seem to be rushing to get on the boat in time. One thing that I love about Greek ferries, is that there’s always a café on board where you can buy snacks, pastries, and coffee. It’s a little bit pricey, so keep that in mind. You can also get coffee from the ferry port! Safe travels 😊
Ferry travel in Greece is the best. It's actually pretty relaxing. By the time you get something to eat and enjoy the view, you're at your destination! I try to do this whenever it makes sense. I don't like to check my luggage, though - it's usually pretty hectic retrieving it.

k_tsoukalas

Ferry travel in Greece is the best. It's actually pretty relaxing. By the time you get something to eat and enjoy the view, you're at your destination! I try to do this whenever it makes sense. I don't like to check my luggage, though - it's usually pretty hectic retrieving it.
Agreed, I will always take my luggage with me - what a mess the port can be!

Where to go - Santorini Vs. Mykonos?

I am trying to plan a trip to Greece. I do have some time because it won't be happening this year. I realized that I won't really have time to visit both Santorini and Mykonos, but I am also having a very difficult time trying to figure out which to visit. A big pro of Mykonos is that I love nightclubs. I think it would be fun to experience the nightlife there. However, I am completely captivated by Santorini and how charming it looks, and I am not sure if I even need nightlife on this trip... I don't know, I just want to hear your thoughts. It might help me make a decision!

Researching Expat Communities in Greece

I am considering retiring in Greece and I am trying to figure out where to settle. Someone gave some really great advice in another thread to find where there are strong expat communities. I think this is a great idea! Now, my question is, where are there some great communities? Here is a look at my initial findings. Agree, disagree, have anything to add?

Athens - I suppose this makes sense, since it is the country's biggest city.

Peloponnese - I like the idea of living here, but I am not sure if it is too far away from places.

Corfu - Seems like there are more expats here than other Greek islands? I could be wrong ...

Mind-opening Wellness Tips Post Covid - The Greek Vibe!

Lounging on Astir Beach Near Athens

Whenever I am in Athens, I break up all the sightseeing and exploring with a good beach day. Astir Beach is one of my favorites. There's plenty of services nearby and it's in Vouliagmeni, which is a nice community on the outskirts of Athens.

Do you guys have a favorite Athens area beach?

I also like other beaches near Athens, but not as much as Astir. My list:

1. Schinisia Beach
2. Cape Sounion Beach
3. Glyfada Beach
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter