1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

This video offers some great suggestions! Ill definitely be checking these places out when I plan to go this winter :)

k_tsoukalas

Administrator
Thank you for sharing this video! Next time I go to Thessaloniki, I will keep these in mind. Greek cuisine is delicious and so fresh and beautiful, and this city seems to have some great places to enjoy it.

What is the nightlife like in Thessaloniki?

How is the nightlife in Thessaloniki? I have friends who are planning a wedding in the area, but they are not originally from Thessaloniki.

I have been, but I only went to one bar while I was there, and I didn't really venture out much. The people in the group love to dance in clubs, and they love to go out. It may also be that they'd be looking for a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party.

Thessaloniki as a honeymoon or wedding destination...

Someone in my wedding party suggested I look into Thessaloniki as a possible wedding and/or honeymoon destination. What do you guys all think? I have never been - but it seems to have much of what I am looking for - beaches, history, night life, the crowds are healthy but not completely crazy in the peak of the summer (which is when the wedding might be)... How are the beaches? How is the nightlife?

Why So Many Starbucks in Thessaloniki?

I was in Thessaloniki this past summer and I noticed more than one Starbucks. Why are there so many?

Not only that, but I am curious if the Greek population has embraced it and if they're popular.

Lots of people were in all that I saw, but I couldn't tell if it were Greeks, tourists, students, etc...

I had thought that Greek coffee drinks were different, and I had no idea Greeks liked coffee like this!

Share Photos of Thessaloniki!

This is one of my favorite places. I thought I would create a space for us to share our favorite photos. I'll start!

thessaloniki.jpg

Will only have a few hours in Thessaloniki...

I am going to Thessaloniki in the late summer (I forget the dates). It's a stop on a Greek cruise. I have been to Greece a lot before but have never done a cruse. I have also never been to Thessaloniki. Any suggestions as to what I can do with my time while I am here? I will be doing a tour of another stop the day prior, so for Thessaloniki I am thinking I just want to explore.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT