1 - 5 of 5 Posts

ssherie_

I love ekmek katifi! Here are some of my favorite recipes

ek-mek-kataifi-720x431.jpeg

GreekGirlCooks

I am totally obsessed with Ek Mek. I have never made it myself, but I love it when I bump into this. Had my first exposure at a Greek festival. My family never made it, but one day I might learn how to make it. If I want to eat it, I might need to make it myself since it is difficult to find.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

I am totally obsessed with Ek Mek. I have never made it myself, but I love it when I bump into this. Had my first exposure at a Greek festival. My family never made it, but one day I might learn how to make it. If I want to eat it, I might need to make it myself since it is difficult to find.
I think it's all in making a light and delicate but delicious cream. It's difficult to find this balance

GreekGirlCooks

I think it's all in making a light and delicate but delicious cream. It's difficult to find this balance
It's very difficult! I prefer to have someone else make this one for me. ;)

k_tsoukalas

It's very difficult! I prefer to have someone else make this one for me. ;)
I do too! When I do find it, it's a real treat. I make other Greek desserts at home, so I do like to save something special to order when I go out.

How authentic Greek feta is made

This process is just so cool

This is what a true Greek breakfast looks like!

My aunt made this for me yesterday :) frigania with butter and honey (peanut butter as well if you like a more American flavour)

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.36.07 AM.png

You can only make Greek coffee using a briki!

Adding on to my other post, I had a Greek style breakfast yesterday which wasn't complete without coffee of course. It's necessary that you use a briki to make it!! Here are two different types that my aunt has in her home

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.36.17 AM.png

Check out these Greek pork chops on the souvla (charcoal grill)

Another food post! I just couldn't resist sharing all of my meals from today, my family and I really went hard :) We seasoned pork chops with salt, pepper, fresh oregano, and a store bough meat seasoning (I don't have the name sorry) and cooked them on the charcoal. Here is the before and after

IMG_2233.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 10.37.57 PM.png

How do you drink your frappe?

I like mine sweet with no milk (gliko xoris gala)! My wife gets hers with a lot of milk (hence the PG in the picture, police gala ahahaha) What about you guys?

IMG_2039.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter