1 - 4 of 4 Posts

seleanor

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

elafonissi-beach-crete-900x442.jpg

nm1999

The low tides are the best part of Elafonisi beach because you can wade in the water and relax without waves, seaweed or deep dirtier water. I love this beach!

View attachment 813
Stunning!! Yes, that's why I love this beach, its great for kids and families :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great photo! Here is more information about the Elafonisi beach on Crete:

k_tsoukalas

This is seriously one of the best beaches in Greece. It's a stunning place, the weather is always amazing, and Crete is just a wonderful island!

Where is the best place to have a secluded and romantic wedding in Crete?

My cousin is looking for some romantic and secluded wedding locations in Crete. I am wondering if any of you have been to weddings and cream, or gotten married there yourselves. The wedding won’t be religious, so it doesn’t need to be in any specific place like a church. I am open to any suggestions! Thanks everyone!

Check out this amazing Cretan tune

Cretan music is truly one of the best! These songs are some of the most popular Cretan songs throughout time and are preformed here as covers by Konstantinos and Ilias Drougas. As you can see in the video, the group is dancing along using Cretan dances, which are pretty popular throughout Greece since the culture is so renowned. Let me know if you like it! I will be going to a wedding in Crete this summer and I am prepping :)

Potamos beach in Malia harbor Crete is a quiet escape

Potamos beach is a very small beach in Malia Harbor. The beach is great because there aren't many organize beach clubs, meaning that you're able to just come to the beach with your own towels and umbrellas and stay for free. There are usually people walking around selling things, and you can always walk by it's the nearest store to pick up some cold bottle drinks. I highly recommend speech if you're looking for something more low-key and quiet.

Visit the windmills in Lasithi Crete

These windmills are one of the most unique attractions on the island. They were a great source of sustainable energy, and provided irrigation to water plants in the summer months. There aren't many windmills left, and they currently stand as more of a tourist attraction than an energy source. If you would like to visit, they are located on the north end of the Lasithi plateau.

1656470340077.png

Crete is the best place to get an Airbnb!

I have been browsing Airbnb's all over the island of Crete and the value is astounding! The prices are some of the best that I've seen all over Greece and they are all brand new, clean, and very modern which is not the case for other areas of Greece. It seems that many people on the island are investing in new developments which is great for tourism. I recommend you check out Airbnb's when you are visiting!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter