1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Elafonisi is definitely one of the most beautiful and clear beaches on the island, and its a must visit for when anyone goes. The beach is located near Chania, which is at the most western point of the island. Here is a glimpse of what the beauty looks like.

k_tsoukalas

Elafonisi is definitely one of the most beautiful and clear beaches on the island, and its a must visit for when anyone goes. The beach is located near Chania, which is at the most western point of the island. Here is a glimpse of what the beauty looks like.

I agree, Elafonisi is fantastic, I recommend visiting it!

Check out this amazing Cretan tune

Cretan music is truly one of the best! These songs are some of the most popular Cretan songs throughout time and are preformed here as covers by Konstantinos and Ilias Drougas. As you can see in the video, the group is dancing along using Cretan dances, which are pretty popular throughout Greece since the culture is so renowned. Let me know if you like it! I will be going to a wedding in Crete this summer and I am prepping :)

Where can I eat Cretan food outside of Crete?

Cretan cuisine is some of the best that I’ve ever tried. I don’t visit the island too often, but I do visit mainland Greece. I have two young kids, and the trip to Athens is already enough for them. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on Cretan cuisine in Athens or Attiki specifically, but anywhere else on the mainland would do (Corinth for example). I would love to try out some spots. 😊

The beautiful traditional costumes of Crete

Crete has some of the most beautiful culture and costumes! This video outlines all of the pieces of the traditional costumes and what each part is used for. As you can see, many parts of Cretan culture are based in military lifestyle. Cretans are known as warriors and played a major role in defending Greece from both the Ottoman Empire as well as Nazi regime.

Crete is the best place to explore Greek cuisine

Crete is absolutely the best place to explore the flavours of Greece! Many agricultural exports come from Crete, which makes it the best place to get the freshest ingredients. Crete also has many local dishes that are unique to the island which are great to try. Here are some links of some of the best restaurants on the island

Kouzeineri

Peskesi

To Pigadi

Theodosi

Crete is the best place to get an Airbnb!

I have been browsing Airbnb's all over the island of Crete and the value is astounding! The prices are some of the best that I've seen all over Greece and they are all brand new, clean, and very modern which is not the case for other areas of Greece. It seems that many people on the island are investing in new developments which is great for tourism. I recommend you check out Airbnb's when you are visiting!
Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter