1 - 1 of 1 Posts
J

John Stefan

I was always curious is there an end of the world prophecy in Greek Mythology? Please do let me know and I look forward to some replies.

kind regards John Stefan

In your opinion, what is the wildest Greek mythology story?

I know there are some pretty wild and crazy Greek mythology stories that involve incest, murder, and even worse. I'm super curious to see what everyone's favourite and most wild story is. If you are able to share links of the full story, please do. I know some of them can be very complicated and long so I don't want to make you spend forever explaining them in the threads LOL.

How were Greek myths recorded and preserved through history

This is something I always wondered... how were Greek myths preserved and kept the same through so many years? I wonder if the myths were changed over the years and if they actually have remained the same as they were when they first created in Ancient Times.

Who are the women of Lemnos?

The story goes that Aphrodite put a curse of the women living in Lemnos making them not want to be with their husbands anymore. Apphrodite believed that the women were not getting what they deserved. What ended up happening is that all of the men go to nearby Thrace to be with the women there. The women of Lemnos become so angry that they kill all of their husbands in one night. It is a tragic and sad story, one that teaches about gender and gender relationships in our society.

Antigone is one of the most twisted Greek myths of all time

There are so many twisted and strange Greek myths that exist, but Antigone is probably one of the most freakish in my opinion. Antigone is the child of Oedipus and Jocasta, who is his mother. That makes Antigone the product of incest, and both the daughter and grandchild of Jocasta, and the daughter and sibling of Oedipus. The myth of Antigone is more focused on her efforts to bury her brother, Polynices. But personally all I can focus on is this twisted nature of her existence! The Greek gods were one hell of a people LOL.

The real story of medusa

Medusa is a gorgon, which is a monster figure in Greek mythology. She was not born a gorgon, even though her sisters were. Medusa was turned into one later in life when she was impregnated by Poseidon in one of Athena's temples. Athena became angry and turned her hair into snakes and gave her the ability to turn people to stone.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter