1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mastichas09

Here are a few key Greek travel tips for this summer that I think you would find helpful

1. Don't throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. You can always find a pharmacy that's open 24 hours, they alternate which ones are open in a specific radius
3. Masks are required on ferries

Please feel free to add more in the comments! :)

Reactions: Vangelis

Vangelis

1. I always throw toilet paper in the toilet :sneaky:
4. Masks are required on internal flights - sometimes you just don't want to do that 8hr ferry...

k_tsoukalas

I keep forgetting abut the toilet paper thing. I know, it's not best practice - it's just such a weird thing and tough to remember. I know, t is because of the plumbing but it's such a hard habit to develop. And yes, some of the ferry rides can be long!

Greece is one of the most popular destinations to visit in Europe. With its wonderful historic sights and its many amazing islands, you’re sure to have an unforgettable visit. Here are some Greece travel tips to make your trip a little smoother:

1. Try learning some basic Greek

2. Plan ahead for any special needs

3. Make your bookings well in advance

4. Never flush the toilet paper

5. Be careful of traffic if you plan to drive

k_tsoukalas

Greece is one of the most popular destinations to visit in Europe. With its wonderful historic sights and its many amazing islands, you’re sure to have an unforgettable visit. Here are some Greece travel tips to make your trip a little smoother:

1. Try learning some basic Greek

2. Plan ahead for any special needs

3. Make your bookings well in advance

4. Never flush the toilet paper

5. Be careful of traffic if you plan to drive

I totally agree with this - especially booking in advance. I used to be able to go and be a bit spontaneous but over the past 8 years or so, this has gotten more difficult.

Alaydent

Where should the guests dispose of the toilet paper in this case? If there is a special bucket, then I have no questions. The news about 24-hour pharmacies is great! I have digestive problems, so in my case, the subject of toilet paper and access to pharmacies are related to each other. I use this site a lot to find hotel deals https://hoopladoopla.com/category/travel. I hope soon there will be a separate category for visiting pharmacies in other countries for people like me. A discount on a hotel bed is nice, but the price of Greek painkillers makes me forget about the savings.

Last edited:

Archaeological Sites to Visit in Greece?

I am making a list of Archaeological museums to visit in Greece so that I can start visiting some of them. In my research, it occurred to me that many of the good ones are associated with archaeological sites. I realized I should visit those, as well. Here is a list of some top places I know I should visit. Please let me know if I missed anything:

- Delphi - is there a museum here?
- Olympia (for the site of the Olympic Games)
- Knossos Palace - and from what I understand the Heraklion Archaeological Museum houses a lot of the artifacts.
- Acropolis/ Parthenon - I have been here before, but the museum that is on site wasn't there at the time - and I figure I may as well visit again.
- Marathon - is there anything here? I know there's a lot of history
- Delos - I have seen pictures - it looks fascinating

I feel like I am missing a lot, but maybe this is a good start at least.

Athens car rental question

If I rent a car in Athens, do you think that I would be able to put it on a ferry to go to another island, like Crete?

My next trip to Greece is going to include visiting a bunch of people in Athens, not all of whom are in convenient locations to the metro, and then head to Crete. I like to have a car on Crete because I want to explore. I don't want to have to rent a car in two different places. Any suggestions?

Greece Hits €12.7bn in Tourism Revenues in Jan-August

Best recommendation for Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license

If you need Travel guides, Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license, or other high level documents from US, UK, Europe, Canada, Russia, Turkey and Central Asia email; expressdocumentsproducer [at] gmail dot com
WhatsApp : + 1 2 1 0 5 9 3 8 1 7 6
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube