1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.

The best times to visit Santorini

Santorini is one of those islands where the timing is super important! Unfortunately, the island gets super crowded and sometimes dare I say unpleasant because of the number of people and tourists. If you're willing to travel in the off season, I highly recommend it. September to October and April to May are the best times to go. I personally prefer mid September because I like a strong sun so I can get a good tan.

Is it worth staying at a beachfront hotel in Santorini?

One of the most common things I've heard about Santorini is that it is great for sightseeing and walking around but it is not that great for beaches and swimming. I've heard that the beaches are also hard to get to and are usually at the bottom of a cliff...that being said, does it make sense to get a beachfront hotel in Santorini? Is it true that the beaches aren't that great? Im wondering how much of my time I will actually spend at the beach. Looking forward to replies...thanks!

Donkey rides through Santorini

This is one of the main tourist attractions on the island! You can take a donkey all the way up or all the way down this long and twisty ledge. This is how the original islanders used to do it in the old days, and still do now!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter