1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kcixcy

Wonder no more! This is a stunning and super traditional Cretan wedding where the bride and groom are wearing traditional clothes (pretty rare these days). Enjoy!

ellinasgolfer0320

This is very traditional, and what you also see happening in this video is a baptism. This is part of the video isn't traditional. Greeks recently started having baptisms and weddings on the same day - I'm not sure why this is, but it could be to save money because they're both very expensive events.

I'm trying to get my wife to do this for our second wedding ceremony (we had a civil wedding with only 10 people and now we're trying to plan for a larger religious ceremony for both of our families in Greece), but she won't do it. This is similar to what she'd wear if we did it, and I'd wear a tsolias.

Traditional Wedding Dress.jpg

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

This is very traditional, and what you also see happening in this video is a baptism. This is part of the video isn't traditional. Greeks recently started having baptisms and weddings on the same day - I'm not sure why this is, but it could be to save money because they're both very expensive events.

I'm trying to get my wife to do this for our second wedding ceremony (we had a civil wedding with only 10 people and now we're trying to plan for a larger religious ceremony for both of our families in Greece), but she won't do it. This is similar to what she'd wear if we did it, and I'd wear a tsolias.

View attachment 751
I've heard of the wedding/baptism combo! I love it :) Saves time and money

What do Greek-Americans and Greek-Canadians do for thanksgiving?

This question is out of pure curiotisty! What do my fellow Greek-Americans and Greek-Canadians do for thanksgiving? Do you eat turkey? Do you even celebrate?

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

I know its a little early (Thanksgiving hasn't even arrived yet) but Im already too excited and preparing for Christmas!! What are your favorite Greek Christmas traditions?? :)

How to dance tsifteteli (Greek bellydancing)!

I love these tutorials :) gotta start practicing for the Greek festivals next Sumer (hopefully I will be able to attend)

Oxi day is coming up soon! How are you all celebrating?

This is one of the most historical Greek holidays that I admire so much! How is everyone celebrating? :) Happy almost Oxi day

Ever wonder what a traditional Cretan wedding is like?

Wonder no more! This is a stunning and super traditional Cretan wedding where the bride and groom are wearing traditional clothes (pretty rare these days). Enjoy!

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter