1 - 10 of 10 Posts

nadellii

Im sure most of you know, but please be careful if you are in Rhodes or traveling to Rhodes. There are wildfires on the island and it is very dangerous.

Reactions: Hash
Yes the First fire was near Sorini on the west coast.that is where the power station is located.So we hd no power for 7 hours & many places no water. A couple of villages were evacuated.

Oh my goodness, I hope you are okay. How are things now? Are some people able to return to their homes with power?
Yes the First fire was near Sorini on the west coast.that is where the power station is located.So we hd no power for 7 hours & many places no water. A couple of villages were evacuated.

the fires are under control after 2 days.with the strong winds the situation is being monitored overnight.At a local attraction Farma known as the ostrich farm the owners house was burned down. A kangaroo, 2 ostriches & a raccoon died.

the fires are under control after 2 days.with the strong winds the situation is being monitored overnight.At a local attraction Farma known as the ostrich farm the owners house was burned down. A kangaroo, 2 ostriches & a raccoon died.
Sad reading, please take care.... sending good wishes from Thailand ❣️👋

Reactions: nadellii
That is tragic, please be safe! I am so sad to see that there are now fires almost everywhere in Greece

That is tragic, please be safe! I am so sad to see that there are now fires almost everywhere in Greece
Tragic indeed!😢.....I posted about Evia yesterday,I couldn't believe what I was reading!🙏🇬🇷🇬🇷

The fires are all out now.
Lidl Hellas have granted 500,000 euros to help with reforestation.

Reactions: greek_ggirl
The fires are all out now.
Lidl Hellas have granted 500,000 euros to help with reforestation.
The damage is done, but I am very glad to hear that. It will be a slow process

I am thankful that all the fires are out, but it is still a tragic situation!

Large Venomous Jellyfish Spotted off Greece's Rhodes -

Traveling to Rhodes this Year?

I have a friend who was supposed to go to Rhodes this year as part of a cruise. This isn't until September. She saw about the fires and is freaking out a little bit. The cruise company hasn't been in touch yet.

Do you guys have any advice on what she should do, so I can pass it along to her? She's not online much so I thought I'd post this for her.

Holiday season coming to a close in Greece & the islands

Soon tavernas/bars & shops will be closing until 2024.By mid november it will be very quiet.

Recommend a good beach near Rhodes Town?

I am trying to plan my latest trip to Greece. To be honest, I don't like to plan too heavily, but I do like to know where I am staying and have a general idea of things to do. Whether or not I do them once I arrive is another story, but at least I have options.

There are a lot of beaches near Rhodes Town. Do you guys have a favorite? Some options I found:

• Elli Beach
  • Kato Petres Beach
  • Sachtouri Beach
I am just basing this list on what I found on the Internet. I have no attachment. I love beaches that have services close or as part of the beach. Like a toilet, maybe a restaurant or cafe.

Web cameras on Rhodes

There are several cameras. go to youtube.com
search for DHMOS RODOY
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back